fbpx

Red Dragons?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Red Dragons?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi. I noticed your red dragons were retired. However red has always been favorite dragon color since I was a kid. So I was wondering if you had plans to release a different style of red dragons in the future? Basically a different color scheme with red as the base color or perhaps as prominent secondary color.

Thanks a bunch!

Melody
    Keymaster

Hi. I noticed your red dragons were retired. However red has always been favorite dragon color since I was a kid. So I was wondering if you had plans to release a different style of red dragons in the future? Basically a different color scheme with red as the base color or perhaps as prominent secondary color.

Thanks a bunch!

A firm… maybe. We retired the “reds” because the red paint we used was so problematic. It was inconsistent in its light fastness. We could come up with a different red color scheme, using different brands of paint, but I haven’t had time to experiment with this.
      WHY is there no metallic red pigment? It doesn’t exist.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Teh Violet Flame, while not red, is very beautiful in person! I’d give that color a try! I loved the Red Fire, but I love Violet Flame even more <3

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Okay. Thank you very much on the reply. I was always curious about the reds and now I know.
        I appreciate the answer. Thanks!

Sirithiliel
        Participant

I loved red fire but all I have is a ruby lap. Still lucky to have her!

Heather
          Participant

I loved the Red Fire color scheme too. If that could ever work out again, it would be fabulous.

chibishiro12
            Participant

I agree. The reds are pretty. I love red fire and am still trying to acquire some. 🙂

Looking for-
              red fire young dragon
              old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Prezaurian
              Participant

Thanks a bunch!

A firm… maybe. We retired the “reds” because the red paint we used was so problematic. It was inconsistent in its light fastness. We could come up with a different red color scheme, using different brands of paint, but I haven’t had time to experiment with this.

Ack! It drove me crazy looking for a true metallic red. They just don’t make them in acrylics! Everything they CALL red is really just some variety of metallic pink. I only finally found metallic red in the model car paints. But those are usually enamel paints that react in strange ways to acrylic paints.

Melody
                Keymaster

Thanks a bunch!

Ack! It drove me crazy looking for a true metallic red. They just don’t make them in acrylics! Everything they CALL red is really just some variety of metallic pink. I only finally found metallic red in the model car paints. But those are usually enamel paints that react in strange ways to acrylic paints.

The way “metallic red” auto paint seems to work is that you have to have a metallic flake, usually gold, under, or mixed with, a transparent red paint. The flake itself isn’t red. I have no idea why a red metallic flake doesn’t exist since they can make metallic red glitter and foil!:P

Pam

Drag0n made a fantastic metallic red when she was here, but I forget how. Maybe she remembers.

Prezaurian
                    Participant

Well, that certainly explains why a lot of metallic red cars seem to turn orange-gold when the light hits them just right!

Edit: -drops from shock- Was curious to see if I could find out WHY metallic red flake wasn’t made. Bumped into this by chance on Google’s image search. No idea if anyone would be interested in it or if it’s what I think it is, but better safe than sorry. -shrugs- Looks like a custom product so I really don’t know how useful or durable it would be.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rose-Red-Micro-Metal-flake-paint-powder-coat-custom-NR-/270278844956

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Check into Pearl Ex 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.