fbpx

Ready for Spring…..

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ready for Spring…..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Oh how I miss wind chill factors. Im sick and tired of dealing with the humidity index. It SO ruins everything. Nothing more uncomfortable than being hot outside (or in) with no breeze, sweating yourself but the air heavy and moist hot on your skin. Think of an inescapable sauna. Our only respite is this time of year and it usually kicks in after T-giving. Weve had snaps but it’s supposed to be the norm until mid March. Right now it’s tolerable outside and for the next few days but based on history, it should be colder.

I just have such an issue with hot. Im intolerant now when I use to be able to handle it. Id move if I could. If I could afford Frisco, Id live there and brave the quakes. Or, Id like to live just near Asheville NC- already use to hurricanes and that is way more inland than I am now anyway.

If you think really really hard (just like you did when you clapped your hands as a kid to see Tinkerbell), if you send that cold weather with properly directed energy (south to FL and east or west depending on where you are) we better get some nasty winter weather at which time I’ll do a happy dance and put it on YouTube. Were counting on you cold weather ppl!!! H-E-L-P!!!

Starbreeze
    Participant

Amen!!! πŸ™‚

Jasmine
      Participant

I’m trying. You think it’s easy moving a huge air mass with just your mind?? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

lamortefille
        Participant

πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
          Participant

You can do it!!! The force is with you!!! πŸ˜†

Jasmine wrote:

I’m trying. You think it’s easy moving a huge air mass with just your mind?? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Hey, ppl can move massive amounts of air from the other end, so why not your mind! πŸ˜› 😈 πŸ˜†

Jasmine
            Participant

Why does every thread we have move in that direction?? πŸ˜† πŸ™„ πŸ˜†

lamortefille
              Participant

Maybe this is a job for frozen and his spirits! He could be the newest superhero. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                Participant

So when he’s out saving the world, does that mean we have to wear gas masks??? πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

Elena
                  Participant

Hey! You sent the cold air the wrong way! j/k πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

I get daytime highs of -25 or lower for the next few days *brrrr*

lamortefille
                    Participant

starbreeze wrote:

So when he’s out saving the world, does that mean we have to wear gas masks??? πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

For those of you with “clean” air, it might be a good idea. πŸ˜†

Stephanie
                      Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Maybe this is a job for frozen and his spirits! He could be the newest superhero. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

It is “Windy” in Amarillo….

Runs and hides πŸ˜†

lamortefille
                        Participant

Serenity wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

It is “Windy” in Amarillo….

πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                          Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

We are having our FILL of rain! Two weeks ago, we had a storm that had 60mph winds ripping through the town, knocked out the power to most of us for days which spoiled all the food in the frigs and freezers as well as no heat or lights, even the stores lost food. One farmer lost 80% of his almond trees of 5000 trees and can’t replace them until spring, and that isn’t uncommon! One small town about 30 miles away was completely isolated: no phones, no way to contact the outside world and the only road out was blocked by downed power lines. PG&E is still working to clean up the damage and we have been declared a disaster area by the governor. Now we are in the middle of another storm-rain,rain,rain!-until at least next week. I hate cold and rain- ten minutes and I’m done! But I love the fresh fruit and vegetables in the summers and the fruit stands and farmer’s markets, so I guess I’ll be grateful for insideout umbrellas and wet clothes and shoes and cold. It gets very hot here in the summer-110F sometimes-but it’s dry heat and I don’t mind it as much as the cold and wet. I think it won’t be spring here until May or June. The weather patterns have been changing over the past few years, I think it’s global warming. It’s going to be interesting to see if we can still grow the same food as we always have when the seasons shift. drgnlvr

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.