Re-selling Windstones

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Re-selling Windstones

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    merrillannwhite
    Participant

Melody,

I am an artist and plan to begin selling some of my work at some of the local art and craft shows in the future.  I like to do fantasy stuff, and thought about including some PYOs that I paint.  I figured that that would be OK as long as they are properly labeled.  However, I wondered if it would also be ok to include scratch and dent pieces that have been repaired, or previously owned pieces, as long as they are properly labeled?

Thanks,

merrillannwhite

pipsxlch
      Participant

Welcome Merilla, as long as the pieces are properly labelled- perhaps with a Sharpie on the felt pad?- I don’t think it would be an issue at all. The only time I remember seeing problems is with people selling repaints- though one or two well labelled as such shouldn’t cause much issue. Just don’t put up photos of repaints! We’d love to see your PYOs, though.

JynXx
        Participant

From what I remember reading in the previous FAQ (before the site switched over platforms), Windstone Editions doesn’t generally condone or support repainting original WS statues, nor do they specifically recommend anyone for repairs. For repairs, this Thread is a useful guideline.

Repairs and repaints still happen, and so long as the artist clearly marks the piece on the bottom felt pad that it was “repaired” or “repainted”, it usually isn’t an issue with WS so long as it doesn’t replicate an official WS scheme, eBay or otherwise. I’ve seen repaired/repainted WS statues for sale on eBay and in the unofficial WS Facebook Group.

Repaired statues are allowed in the site Classifieds, so long as the scheme does not deviate from the original and it is clearly marked as “repaired”. Sometimes, WS will even provide spare paints and pens for a repair project. Repainted statues are not allowed in the site Classifieds, nor are pictures of them allowed anywhere on the Forum – for example, if you have a picture of WS in which a repainted piece is featured, said piece must be completely marked-out.

PYO statues were designed by WS with artists in mind! As far as I’m aware, you’re pretty much allowed to do anything with these statues, though WS doesn’t condone altering them in any way. I’ve seen PYOs reflecting official WS schemes to bring together families – one of the best I’ve seen, is the PYO Griffin by @stormdancer to match her Copper Forest Griffin family by Patricia Smith (:

Looking forward to seeing your PYOs!!

↞↞≪∙ FOREVER SEEKING •↟•

• ► By Patricia Smith ◄ •
          ☙ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
          ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
          ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

• ► By Melody ◄ •
          ☙ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
          ☙ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
          ☙ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

merrillannwhite
          Participant

Thanks.  I think a piece would have to be pretty badly damaged for me to want to totally repaint it rather than touch-up repair.  If that happened, I would probably do something pretty wild, and want to keep it myself anyway.  Other than the PYOs, I was mostly thinking about picking up some poor babies with minor damage (I don’t feel up to major damage), fixing them up, and using them as display pieces, with the possibility of finding them new homes.  I mostly do flat work (colored pencil and watercolor) and when I decide to start trying to do shows, I thought it might enhance my display to have some sculptural pieces for depth.  I think I would just write “repaired” on the felt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.