fbpx

Random Gallery Error?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Random Gallery Error?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I was rifling through the PYO gallery. And on a few of the gallery’s (I was just in Baardwing’s for instance), Jennifer’s gallery keeps coming up. It’s basically part of the gallery… but not.

And there was another gallery I had that problem with too but I can’t remember who.

Anyone else having this problem? It happened with Firefox and Chrome, on two different computers, and one is Vista and the other XP Professional. So I don’t think it’s me. Unless it’s my internet connection itself, but that’d be a weird problem for the internet connection.

If this should be in another thread – then feel free to do so. I didn’t know where to put it.

Lokie
    Participant

Yup, I’ve noticed that when I browse the PYO galleries. No one else’s images pop up in the wrong gallery (that I’ve seen), so it must be something specific to Nam. πŸ˜•

I can’t remember all the galleries I saw this in, but it was several. I just now clicked on a random member’s PYO gallery, keeproftheflock’s, and some of Nam’s stuff was there. :scratch:

Subliminal marketing? =P

I haven’t encountered this problem and I go look through them often times checking for some random Griffin I remember seeing and want a better look at. 😳 Yeah, I am a bit obsessive about those PYO Griffins. I could own a hundred and still want more. πŸ™„

Lokie
      Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I haven’t encountered this problem and I go look through them often times checking for some random Griffin I remember seeing and want a better look at. 😳 Yeah, I am a bit obsessive about those PYO Griffins. I could own a hundred and still want more. πŸ™„

Can you do me a favor and go check Keeproftheflocks and Baardwings galleries? Let me know if you still don’t see them? They pop up when you browse each members’ “Dragon” sub galleries.

Nope…They are Barrdwing’s and Keeper of the Flock’s works. I don’t get Nam’s gallery at all. I use Firefox. *shrugs*
        Sorry I can’t help ya out! :shrug:

Well I still got it for keeperoftheflocks… but I only get two of Nam’s work on there, her sea dragon and Sunrise Ritual.

It seems to be any gallery that has a Dragons subgallery…. but I haven’t gone through all of them. Just noticed that galleries where everything is in one gallery doesn’t have that problem. :shrug:

Jennifer
        Keymaster

This was a problem before once, but I forget what exactly caused it. Something about having the sub galleries… hmm, let me look into it.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Okay I figured out the bug.

When users create sub-galleries, you can specify keywords for the gallery.
            Unfortunately the software is kinda dumb and will display ALL images in the entire gallery that have a keyword that is the same as the keywords for that sub-gallery.

For example, for some reason, keeperoftheflocks has a keyword of ‘ocean’ in her sub-gallery for Dragons. That’s why it picked up my three images.. they all have ‘ocean’ in their keywords too. So the software put them in her sub-gallery with the matching keyword.

If you notice this error please link me to the galleries where it happens and I can edit out the keywords.

Also, for anyone that creates sub-galleries, please do not use keywords for your gallery for now. Using them on the images is fine.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Ok! Nice to know I figured you’d wanna know about the error.

Or at least you know what’s causing it. Which is good. πŸ˜€ Thanks!!!!

Lokie
            Participant

Thanks for the explanation, Nam, and thanks, Dragon87, for bringing this up. I thought if I said anything members would insist it was cookies or a cache problem even though I’ve cleared them multiple times. I thought I was going crazy πŸ˜†

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.