Rainbow Emperor repair

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Rainbow Emperor repair

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

So several years ago, right as the rainbow color retired, I got a Rainbow Emperor. He was shipped from Magical Omaha, who didn’t double box him. From what I under stand, they do double box now. I didn’t think to tell them because I thought, “Hey, they are a STORE that sells Windstones….they’ll know how to pack it”

Luckily he wasn’t decimated-just broken tail and ankles. My dear friend down the road who is very talanted at sculpting, repaired him for me, and it was up to me to repaint him. I haven’t felt that I had the right paints until today, I sat down to patch him up.

I’m proud of myself because I was able to match the red and the blue. I still need to touch up the emerald and the violet, but I didn’t have any appropriate metallics. I can match the COLOR, but not the sheen, which doesn’t work. I got close enough for now on the violet.

Anyway, here are some before and after pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

AFTER

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The red was surprisingly easy, the blue was more difficult to figure out, but easy once I got it-but you can see here the myriad of paints I tried out.

Photobucket

I’ll have to revist the amethyst and emerald later, but for now, its good enough for me.

Here he is, finally joining his family 🙂

Photobucket

I really want to get some Apoxy Sculpt and try my hand at repairing. I think it would be fun 🙂

Misty
      Participant

Very nice! *sneaks off with the rest of wolfen’s rainbows* :innocent:

That’s awesome! Good job!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.