fbpx

Raffle for Husky Haven has been shut down.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Raffle for Husky Haven has been shut down.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Riversgrace
    Participant

It has come to my attention that there are some legal aspects of doing a raffle for a non profit that I was not aware of. So the raffle is shut down.

littleironhorse
      Participant

HA! Sent you a PM before you added the details. LOL!

Riversgrace
        Participant

I responded πŸ™‚ I had to tweak the write up so I could include all the info πŸ™‚

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Sorry if this is off topic, but did you ever do anything with Husky Haven? They used to bring dogs to my store for adoption sometimes! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Riversgrace
            Participant

I have been in contact with them about the next playdate but I haven’t fostered for them yet. I probably will after the new year. Drives me nuts not fostering. But I promised my family I would take it easy for a while after the move. I keep close track of them on Facebook so if I can be of any help I can volunteer πŸ™‚

Falcolf
              Participant

Should we PM you telling you if we bought a ticket or just note our forum name in the paypal message line? (Sorry for the dumb question haha! :))

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Riversgrace
                Participant

A PM would be preferable since some email addresses and real names don’t match up with forum names πŸ™‚

Riversgrace
                  Participant

Information on Foo Puppy for most tickets bought….

Puppy will be painted commission style ( you tell me what colors/design), or you can request artist’s choice ( I paint one from my own ideas)

Shipping to you will be paid in full by me with your company of choice.

Misty
                    Participant

Posting these photos for Riversgrace. The wonderous, beautiful raffle kirin! :bigsmile:

Riversgrace
                      Participant

Thank you Opal Dragon!!! πŸ™‚ I should mention to everyone that my family (mom and husband) are forum members… However they will NOT be allowed to participate in this raffle. I just wanted everyone to know that this is an honest and open raffle. Also if you wish me to post in this thread publicly how many tickets you bought I will do so, but not without you telling me to. And please do not post how many tickets you bought until I have given you a confirmation PM. Thank you!! πŸ™‚

Falcolf
                        Participant

Thank you, that’s what I thought, just had to check! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

littleironhorse
                          Participant

Gorgeous Ki-Rin! πŸ˜€

Riversgrace
                            Participant

Thank you LIH! πŸ™‚

Some have asked if they can send cash or check. This is also fine, just please PM me so I know what to expect. πŸ™‚ I don’t want any issues or drama with this raffle! It’s for a good cause and I love doing it! πŸ™‚

I’m allowing cash and checks because I realize not everyone on the forum may be old enough to have a credit card or checks and I would like as many people to participate as possible. More fun that way and the rescue would get a nice donation.

As far as the donation goes I’m working on how to do it so everyone who buys a ticket will get their name on husky thank you cards and proof of how much was donated in their names (the amount you donated) So in the month I will be contacting Husky Haven and figuring out how to do this properly. It may just have to be a lump donation to make it easier on the rescue, but it will depend on how the ticket buyers feel about it.

There have been two people to buy tickets so far…just to include an update in this edit so it doesn’t bump the thread again.

I will post minimally on this thread to avoid bumping it, however I do plan to bump it every 10 days as was standard policy I believe.

Thank you everyone for your support in doing this raffle! πŸ™‚

Riversgrace
                              Participant

The raffle has been shut down.

Riversgrace
                                Participant

I will be selling the Kirin and a couple Keepers to make the donation in the buyers name. That way no raffle laws apply. Ads will be created tomorrow but I am unsure how much to start the bidding at… Any suggestions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.