Qusetion about shipping From S. Africa to the USA?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Qusetion about shipping From S. Africa to the USA?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    StormDancer
    Participant

HI, I have been trying to purchase some items from a company located in South Africa. But when I go to check out I get told that they have no shipping options for my address.
      I have lived in the same place for over 7 years now and I have received things from Russia, Australia, China, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the UK with no issues. So I am not certain what is going on with South Africa.
      Is it just me or has anyone else had any issues getting things shipped out of South Africa?

Looking for:
      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

GardenNinja
      Participant

Is this on eBay? It may be that the seller hasn’t included USA in the list of places they will ship. You can set up a custom list of countries shipped to. Another possibility is that the seller just isn’t fully set up on eBay.com. I once had a problem trying to order multiple items from Canada, and eBay wouldn’t let me group them and request an invoice as the item descriptions said to. I messaged the seller, and he said if I went to ebay.ca, it should work. It did. Your regular login will work on any other country’s eBay. I’ve also ordered from ebay.de (Germany) to get items that were not available anywhere in America I could find. South Africa’s country code is .za (from the Afrikaans version of their name, IIRC Zuid Afrika). Or just message the seller and ask.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

StormDancer
        Participant

Hi, no this is from a company that is online but not on eBay. Although I might try logging into eBay and seeing if they might actually be listed on eBay.za though. I have used the eBay.UK to order before. But it hadn’t occurred to me to try .za before. Thank you for your response!

Looking for:

StormDancer
          Participant

ok, no luck finding them on eBay. Thank you for the suggestion.

Looking for:

scenceable
            Participant

My girlfriend is from south africa, I asked her and she said most companies in SA don’t export out of the country because shipping costs are really high and they don’t have that much business from export. Is there a customer service line you can call and ask? I imagine even if they will ship overseas the cost would be really high. My gf was saying even when she lived in SA she never could order things online (like from amazon or anywhere) because it would get stolen from the local post office. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it either 🙁 Sorry I can’t be of more help!

StormDancer
              Participant

Scenceable, thank you and your girlfriend so much for the information. It explains quite a bit.
                They do have a contact number but I have been waiting to hear back from them thru email as I really wasn’t looking forward to international calling charges. So far they seem slow to respond to emails, but I know with the holidays that is to be expected. If I don’t hear back from them in a few days I will try calling them.
                I have seen the items I want sold here in the USA extremely rarely. So I don’t know if those companies were able to get them shipped to them directly or if they had someone in South Africa that was ale to get them shipped to them.
                I do know that the companies here that had the specific items I am looking for have been out of stock for several years now.
                Thank you for the response!

Looking for:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.