fbpx

Question for Breyer Collectors

Home Forums Miscellany Community Question for Breyer Collectors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

I know there’s a few Breyer horse collectors on this forum, and couldn’t think of anywhere else to ask this!

Does anyone know what’s up with the Model Horse Blab site? It’s been unreachable for a week, and I’m wondering if anyone has any information on why it went down and when it might come back.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

pegasus4240
      Participant

Posted on Facebook on Sept. 8:

As you know Blab is down — and this is definitely not planned! Our server host took an unanticipated action that will have Blab offline for several days. We can only apologize for this unforeseen situation!
        Blab will be back! We are actively working the issue now.
        When will Blab be back? That is hard to pinpoint as we are dependent on the services of others who have not yet given a definite timeline. It is likely to be 5-7 days at least, but hopefully less than 15 days.
        Keep an eye on updates on this Facebook page. When we have definite new information we will share it here. But we won’t bother you with every slight change of wind direction that is likely to change again in a few hours.
        We will do our best to get a web page up at the Blab url with information about the outage. That may not happen for a few days, but we’ll do it as soon as it can be managed.
        In the meantime Blab may appear intermittently and temporarily, as it already has at least once. This is hard for us to control. If you see a message “yes Blab is back” then it’s back for real. If you don’t see that message, it is probably just a ghostly sighting that will vanish soon, due to various server activity.
        To resolve this situation we are migrating Blab to a new server host. This is definitely not the way we wanted to manage that.
        It would have been far better to let the members know in advance and also have information up at the url!
        Blab will also be on an upgraded forum platform. Blab should function substantially as it does now. Style elements such as smilies and links may appear differently and even be missing for a few days. But most or all of these elements will be restored in time.
        Again this is not the way we would have wanted to manage this situation. But going ahead with this upgrade on the new server is the way forward.
        Feel free to communicate with us by DM while we work all this out.
        We will send an update when we know something more definite about the timing.
        Thank you for your patience. Blab members are top of mind in our thoughts right now! We look forward to The Return of Blab!!!

I miss Blab very much.

-- Angie

Nightcrow
        Participant

Thank you! I tried to take a look at the Blab FB page, but it won’t let me view it without logging in, and I don’t have an account. (Can they set it to be publicly visible during a time like this? Just a thought.)

Hopefully the server migration and forum updating will go smoothly!

I miss Blab, too. Plus I was starting to get worried about Spooky Swap deadlines; I don’t want to be late sending off my swapbox! 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Lorie
          Participant

I don’t have a Facebook account either, but can see the ModelHorseBlab FaceBook page with no problem. It is set on Public view.

Nightcrow
            Participant

Thank you, Lorie! I don’t know why it wasn’t showing up for me before, but I can see it now. Maybe updating my Firefox helped. 🙂

I’m sad that it’s not back yet, but at least they confirmed that Spooky Swap deadlines are being extended! I’ve got mine all boxed up, but was kicking myself for not making a note of the deadlines anywhere because I knew they were coming up. Whew!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.