fbpx

Question about windstones damaged in mail (and ranting)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Question about windstones damaged in mail (and ranting)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’m in the middle of a vastly frustrating situation. I bid on what was labeled an emerald peacock mother dragon only to receive a peacock mother dragon. The seller agreed to refund me (but not refund what it would cost to ship it back)… so I shipped it back… and now she sends me a picture of it broken and says it was damaged in the mail.

I didn’t put insurance on the package since I packaged it the same way I received it (bubble wrap, no double-box) and figured it’d be ok. I’m a newbie at all this so thought it’d probably be ok.

Now the question is… I suppose there isn’t anything I can do about getting reimbursed by the post office? I know it’s a long shot… but I’m massively frustrated about all this and discouraged. I was using Christmas money to get that dragon as my first bigger-than-young-dragon Windstone… and now it turns out that not only was the seller an idgit but I might not be able to get my money back.

*sighs* Anyone got any advice for the situation? If not… at least it was nice to rant about it somewhere… now I know to be more careful, both with packing and with ebay (I’ve found the packing tutorial since).

Nicole
    Participant

I would contact paypal (assuming you paid for it through them). You can open a dispute and try and get your money back. Good luck

I did pay through paypal, yeah… I’m just frustrated and worried that it might not work, since the damage technically was incurred due to me… even though it was the seller’s fault I had to send it back to begin with.

frozendragon
      Participant

I’d still file a claim with ebay… the person misrepresented what they sold you to begin with.. and you sent it back to them how they sent it to you.. it’s unfortunate that it broke, but if it was described properly to begin with then you wouldn’t have had to send it back

Stephanie
        Participant

I agree with frozen and it never hurts to at least try. 🙂 Good luck!

darjeb
          Participant

Serenity wrote:

I agree with frozen and it never hurts to at least try. 🙂 Good luck!

DITTO

Nicole
            Participant

Ya the worst that can happen is they don’t decide in your favor. It’s worth a try

Bodine
              Participant

Pictures,pictures.I take pictures of every transaction in shipping.They speak a thousand words.They have to send you the item they described on ebay so good luck. 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

hksherra wrote:

Now the question is… I suppose there isn’t anything I can do about getting reimbursed by the post office?

Quick answer to this is “You suppose correctly”. The long answer is: there is absolutely no way the Post Office will entertain a claim of any sort for the value of a package that was sent without insurance.

I’ll just try to get my money back via ebay instead of the post office then.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully this super frustrating situation will get less frustrating…

Nicole
                Participant

Keep us posted. Good luck 🙂

Sent an email to the seller along with some recommendations that my makes-her-living-off-ebay grandmother suggested. No response yet!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.