fbpx

Question about tattoos.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Question about tattoos.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

There are a couple tattoos I want, but they would have to be on my palms…. I imagine the ink must fade pretty fast there (and hurt like hell), but how long would they last if it was just black ink? Would they bleed a lot (the ink I mean)? What about the tops of my hands? Can the needle go into my veins since the skin is so thin? lol, so many questions about tattoos when I already have thirteen. You’d think I’d know this stuff. 😳

Ugh, I am waaaay too obsessed with anime. *dies* πŸ˜†

edit: yyeeaahh. *so in love with Kimbley* 😳

Top of the hand would last longer then the palm, I believe. Though both should last a fairly decent amount of time, as long as you don’t do things that would scrape your palms, or cause massive callouses. That’s just an opinion though. It would be best for you to talk to your tattoo artist about it, if they’re any good, they’ll tell you the truth of the matter.

And Kimbly! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (Sorry, had to share in the anime moment)

Skeeterdeee
    Participant

I think if you went to a tattoo studio and asked them to do your palms they would say no. Last time I got inked I asked the guy if he would do my fingertip, he said “ABSOLUTELY NOT”. You use your hands for so many things, I think it’s impossible to keep the tattoo clean while it’s healing, I think that was his reason. Call the tattoo shop and ask them if they can do palms (then let me know what they say!), but I’m pretty sure they won’t. πŸ™‚

siberakh1
      Participant

There are some places, though not as many, that will do your face, hands, or feet. You have to look and even then, not all of those who will are ones you’d want to go to (some will just do whatever for money). Many artists won’t because it is such a visible location and take a moral stance in case someone isn’t thinking through the consequences it could have down the road (potential employment, etc.). For the hands and feet, it could also come down to the longevity and healing of the tattoo. Hands and feet take a lot of abuse and over time, you could literally wear away the tattoo. How the tattoo looks in a year, 2 years, 5 years, also reflects on the quality of the tattoo and some artists don’t want to be the blame for something that will be hard to maintain just because of location. It will probably be easier to get a tattoo on the back of your hand than your palm. The only other suggestion I would have (it’s not permanent… you’d have to redo it for as long as you’d want to keep the design) is henna. It can last 1-2 weeks on your hand, depending on how abusive you are to it (ie. constant washing, etc.).

I remember seeing a Japanese school teacher who had tattoos all over his face on the National Geographic show, ‘Taboo’. He wore a heavy makeup to cover his full body art. It is still considered taboo there by many people (it’s still carries the stigma of the yakuza and criminals), so he could lose his job and even respect in the community if they were discovered, but he loved his ink and how artistic and freeing it was (it was a lot of flowers and very cool looking).

Dragon87 wrote:

And Kimbly! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (Sorry, had to share in the anime moment)

πŸ˜† I squeal every time I see him too~ *flail*

Thanks for the advice. I think I’ll try to find another place for them, but it’ll be hard considering both my arms are pretty much covered and I’d rather not have to shave my legs. XP 😳 Maybe my chest somewhere? like near my shoulders? I dunno.

Also: my four year old ouroboros tattoo! πŸ˜€

bayoudragon
        Participant

I think putting the number 6 on the lower back would be pretty cool. 😳

XD yesh, I eventually plan on getting that too, but blue with Grimmy’s mask bit on the side. *cackle* XD

bayoudragon
          Participant

Nice! I just have to settle for the desktop picture. LOL!

Kujacker
            Participant

I have the Heartless heart as a tattoo (from Kingdom Hearts). <3 Riku.
              I always thought the blood mark that’s in Alphonse’s armor would be a cool tattoo. Also the weak spot from the colossi from Shadow of the Colossus.
              I would never get a tattoo so visible. I have enough problems getting work with my 29 piercings (22 in the ears, the only “facial” piercings I have). I don’t need visible tattoos as well!

*shrugs* getting a job wouldn’t be a problem for me around here where everyone (literally) is pretty much covered in tats/piercings. 8)

Ooh yeah, Al’s blood seal, that’d be cool too. But right now I just want Kimbleys and Grimmjows tats. XD *shot*
              Someday I’ll get a panther on my right leg to go with the wolf/cougar on my left…

Here are a few pics of some of mine…

left leg

back of neck

inside left forearm (Outlaw Star, w00t!)

inside left wrist (says ‘dream’ in kanji)

right arm

top right wrist (kirara lol)

lower back (says my name – ‘Tiffany’ in kanji… at least I hope so… o.o lol)

left arm

inside right wrist (need to eventually get this one removed – found out after I got it that it’s like a gang tat or something that means like you killed someone, not too sure but something like that… ugh. Would’ve been nice to know before I got it. x.x)

back left shoulder (kuroneko! lmao)

back right shoulder (Invader Zim anyone? *cackle*)

Yeah… running out of room as you can see but they’re so addicting. 😳

bayoudragon
              Participant

PaperCut wrote:

Yeah… running out of room as you can see but they’re so addicting. 😳

…which is why I’m sticking to desktop pictures. πŸ˜†

Nice tatoos! I love Kirara! ^.^

XD my PSP is full of pis too~ and photobucket, several CDs, and two flash drives. *paranoid* 😳

Kirara is awesome nya~ <3

edit: can anyone confirm that the kanji on my back really says my name? o.o I got it out of a book full of names in kanji so it should be but I really have no idea. XD I’ve had the tat for like four or five years I think… at least it’s in a place people can’t normally see. XD

Katherine
                Participant

Those are some really nice tattoos!! I really like to wolf and cougar one. πŸ™‚ My Step dad has a bunch of tattoos. I don’t like his as much because they are of skulls and things that creep me out. lol He has a really cool tiger though!

The wolf/cougar is one of my faves but most of the shading faded out of it. πŸ˜•

My dad has two; both tribal.. One is an eagle (I think – haven’t seen it in a while lol) and the other is just a random thing he designed. I’ll try to get him to let me post pics if I think of it. My mom has a bunch too but I can’t remember them all. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.