fbpx

Question about selling Windstones

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Question about selling Windstones

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I’m planning on putting more Windstones up for sale in the flea market, but I’d first be grateful for some advice about the best way to auction them off. I’d ideally like to stick with using the forum: I want to avoid additional eBay fees, and I know there’s a serious group of Windstone fans located here. πŸ™‚

Having done this once already now, though, I realize I can’t run an auction here like one on eBay. I have to relay current bids to the different bidders, which makes sniping at the very end a trickier issue. I’d be interested to learn, then, whether anyone here have a tried-and-true method for auctioning Windstones on the forum? If not, I can definitely resort to eBay, but I thought it’d be a good idea to chat with the experts here first! πŸ™‚

Jodi
    Participant

I just set a date and time that it ends, and take offers until then. Things have been kind of slow lately, and people don’t have a lot of money on the forum, so you may be better off on eBay. But at least you could try it here first… it doesn’t cost anything to try it here.

Sure, I’m giving it a try here first. Thanks! πŸ™‚

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Really, using the forum isn’t a good way to ‘auction’ pieces. The best way you can do it is to take offers till a certain date and then the highest offer takes the piece. This can work out in your favor because you are avoiding eBay fees and there are some members here that don’t like to use eBay these days, but can also work against you because you don’t have as big an audience here as you do on eBay, and there aren’t bidding ‘wars’ that can sometimes drive up the price. Also as you noted, people really can’t snipe things fairly here so you are again loosing out on the ‘thrill’ of eBay that sometimes gets folks to spend more than they intended.

Also be aware that transactions are between you and the seller alone; you don’t have the feedback system here or any buyer/seller protection.

Just a few things to be aware of. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Those are definitely good points! Now I’m feeling a little bad for going ahead and using the forum. 😳 Okay, no worries, if I don’t get any offers here (and I completely understand if people would rather not, for all the reasons you mentioned), I’ll list on eBay. πŸ™‚

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Alcyone wrote:

Those are definitely good points! Now I’m feeling a little bad for going ahead and using the forum. 😳 Okay, no worries, if I don’t get any offers here (and I completely understand if people would rather not, for all the reasons you mentioned), I’ll list on eBay. πŸ™‚

Don’t feel bad! That’s what the Flea Market is for. πŸ™‚ I just wanted to let you know the pros and cons.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Nina
          Participant

just be careful about the taking offers thing as some people tend to get mad :p just make sure you state that it’s best offer not first offer because I don’t think everyone gets that part.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.