fbpx

question about new forum

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback question about new forum

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kitsunelady
    Participant

Is there a way to block other forum users, particularly from sending you PMs? If so, how do you do it? If not, would it be impossible to implement on the new forum?

And no, before you all start wondering, I do not have any intention of blocking anyone…I just wanted to know if it could be done. It seems like it could be a useful function in some instances.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Short answer: Maybe!

Long answer: No, at least not for a bit.
        Why: Our ‘new’ site runs on a single chunk of software. Unlike the old site, where the forum, blog, store, and Windstone site were all running on different types of software. Having the new site all running on the same software is helpful, but tricky. The bonus is that it is generally more ‘stable’ and the different parts of the site are not fighting each other (that was some of our worst problems with the old forum, and the style sheet..). The con is that everything is a bit universal. So, adding new ‘modules’ to the site to control one thing (such as the ability to block individuals) and in general the new programming is its own thing. There is one person (right now) that can do this and they are pretty much focusing on making sure big, key items such as the store and base forum are functioning properly. While I believe that improvements are a goal (such as what you are asking for, and about a hundred other things such as getting buttons that generate html for us, BBCode compatibility, etc etc) it may be a while before we see ‘fluff’ stuff. 🙁

tl;dr : This is not a current function and our computer guy probably won’t get to it for a while. 🙁

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.