Q about selling on Ebay

Home Forums Miscellany Community Q about selling on Ebay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Okay, so I did my first auction and actually got a bid on my PYO Dragon before the auction ended, that part worked fine. So I sent the winner an email right after the auction ended, about which shipping option they wanted so I could send them an accurate invoice for the total, and then two days later sent them a message directly through ebay. So far I’ve gotten no response so far and I’m starting to get nervous.

In the auction, I set a 7 day deadline for payment (otherwise I report them as Non-Paying Bidder) and reiterated that in my messages to the winner…

How long do buyers normally take to pay for something? My auction was Paypal-only and when I win auctions, I usually pay within the next two days. Should I be getting worried that I’ve had no contact so far? @_@

Stephanie
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry for another day or so – sometimes people can only connect through work or the like, or have gone out of town for a little bit.

I hope it all works out!

Thanks! I hope it does too :X

frozendragon
      Participant

yeah I wouldn’t worry yet…sometimes buyers don’t contact you at all…and they pay on the very last day…

even though you say you want payment in 7 days….I would still give them one or two past the 7…

I’ve had a few that pay at the very last second..

frozendragon wrote:

yeah I wouldn’t worry yet…sometimes buyers don’t contact you at all…and they pay on the very last day…

even though you say you want payment in 7 days….I would still give them one or two past the 7…

I don’t really mind the delay on payment, I just need them to tell me which shipping option they want! LOL Otherwise how are they gonna pay me the right amount? πŸ˜†

frozendragon
        Participant

sunhawk wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

I don’t really mind the delay on payment, I just need them to tell me which shipping option they want! LOL Otherwise how are they gonna pay me the right amount? πŸ˜†

ah…that’s true…LOL

Lokie
          Participant

Well, first, congrats on your sale! Second, as others mentioned, maybe not worry just yet, especially if the winner has good feedback. I know some people who only check their email messages every couple days (and some who go much, much, longer than that).

Lokie wrote:

Well, first, congrats on your sale! Second, as others mentioned, maybe not worry just yet, especially if the winner has good feedback. I know some people who only check their email messages every couple days (and some who go much, much, longer than that).

Thank you! πŸ˜€

That’s cool, I know not everyone checks as obsessively/often as I do πŸ˜‰ Just hope they read the part about seven days! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
            Participant

sunhawk wrote:

Okay, so I did my first auction and actually got a bid on my PYO Dragon before the auction ended, that part worked fine. So I sent the winner an email right after the auction ended, about which shipping option they wanted so I could send them an accurate invoice for the total, and then two days later sent them a message directly through ebay. So far I’ve gotten no response so far and I’m starting to get nervous.

In the auction, I set a 7 day deadline for payment (otherwise I report them as Non-Paying Bidder) and reiterated that in my messages to the winner…

How long do buyers normally take to pay for something? My auction was Paypal-only and when I win auctions, I usually pay within the next two days. Should I be getting worried that I’ve had no contact so far? @_@I send out an invoice immediatly after the auction, another half way till the deadline, and then, if needed, another the day before the deadline. If they have not responded or sent a message to me, then a day or so after the deadline, I would leave neg feedback and report them as a non paying bidder.

Jodi
              Participant

I’d chose the method and send them an invoice. If they want a different method, they’ll contact you. Otherwise they just may pay the invoice.

emerald212 wrote:

I’d chose the method and send them an invoice. If they want a different method, they’ll contact you. Otherwise they just may pay the invoice.

That’s a good idea! What do you think, should I assume they’ll want the cheaper option? Or the faster?

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Most everyone seems to want the cheaper option. I’m the oddball though and typically prefer the faster. I’d go with cheaper.

Jodi
                  Participant

Go with the cheaper one or the one that’s the easiest for you. If they want something different, they will let you know.

Sweet relief! After giving the guy a THREE DAY extension and then a midnight deadline tonight, I finally got payment for my dragon! πŸ˜€

And I must say the paypal Canadapost online label system is very handy! I just hope I did it right! If not, they can always tell me when I take the package in to the post office tommorow, yes? I doubled-boxed, peanuted and bubblewraped the crap out of that dragon and there is not a side that doesn’t have a bright red FRAGILE sticker on it! LOL

I’m in the home stretch now, guys! XD

Thanks for all your advice and reassurances ^_^

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.