fbpx

PYO traditional unicorns?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody PYO traditional unicorns?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Blight
    Participant

Are there any plans in the near future to release traditional PYO unicorns like the production line? The unicorns that are old school, or traditional classic designs, with the lion’s tail, goat’s beard, and cloven hooves. ๐Ÿ™‚

fatalbeauty
      Participant

dunno about the PYO thing but I think they’re still have trouble with running out of horns last I heard…..

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

John
        Keymaster

We had talked about maybe releasing the old Gothic Unicorn as a PYO, but I am not sure that we will ever want to mix our finished pieces with PYO’s. So, no serious plans yet. As for the production of unicorns in general, it just had to be left as a low priority until we had better production of the more essential pieces. We are still way behind, but starting to catch up, so resumed production is somewhere out on the horizon.

Erika
          Participant

[We had talked about maybe releasing the old Gothic Unicorn as a PYO]

This would make me unbelievably happy, since it seems there’s even less chance of new production for the gothics on the horizon than the other unis.

Purplecat
            Participant

[We had talked about maybe releasing the old Gothic Unicorn as a PYO]

This would make me unbelievably happy, since it seems there’s even less chance of new production for the gothics on the horizon than the other unis.

Same here…that’s a piece which I really like..but I’m not a fan of the plain black or white colors. I’d be ecstatic to do fur color patterns on them.

Maybe differentiate with the inset logo into the bottom? The old ones dont have that.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

I am not at all a fan of releasing any production item as PYO. Too much confusion in an already confusing collectible. I also hate to see the other gothic unicorns devalued. If you want to release it as a PYO, please alter it in some easily notable way, and not just on the underside.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Hannah
                Participant

Would it be possible to alter it so that the head is turned, or invert the whole sculpture so its sitting the opposite way or something like that?

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                  Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Sarah
                  Participant

quote=John]We had talked about maybe releasing the old Gothic Unicorn as a PYO]

I would love any new work on the Gothic Unicorns, it is my very favorite sculpt! A PYO of the original sculpt would be really fun.

Melody
                    Keymaster

Are there any plans in the near future to release traditional PYO unicorns like the production line? The unicorns that are old school, or traditional classic designs, with the lion’s tail, goat’s beard, and cloven hooves. ๐Ÿ™‚

I might… The female unicorn needs a mate. I usually make only the males with beards, but I am not sure why. If female goats have beards, female Unicorns could also have them.

Blight
                      Participant

I might… The female unicorn needs a mate. I usually make only the males with beards, but I am not sure why. If female goats have beards, female Unicorns could also have them.

That would be fantastic! ๐Ÿ™‚ And yes, some female goat breeds have beards. Even though if they didn’t, I doubt that it would matter since both genders of the traditional unicorn (and modern ones too) are identical. They’re mythical, so you could design them anyway you’d like. Maybe like giving the female gothic unicorn more feathering on her legs and/or tail?

etruscan
                        Participant

Is this the time to squeak again for baby Gothic Unicorns, and have them as PYOs? I remember the baby goat photos that were posted when this suggestion was made before. So cute!

Erika
                          Participant

Is this the time to squeak again for baby Gothic Unicorns, and have them as PYOs? I remember the baby goat photos that were posted when this suggestion was made before. So cute!

Hooo! a baby gothic would be SO adorable!

Blight
                            Participant

Especially if you can get the baby gothic in two different poses, so we can have a ‘proper’ family of gothics in different poses ๐Ÿ™‚ It looks odd if they’re all the same model. Even if the only difference would be their turn of the head, that’d be sweet.

Erika
                              Participant

Would it be possible to alter it so that the head is turned, or invert the whole sculpture so its sitting the opposite way or something like that?

I love the llama tail, but perhaps giving it a lion tail would be an easy(?) change to the original to distinguish them?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.