PYO Phoenix Red-Golden Pheasant

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone PYO Phoenix Red-Golden Pheasant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

Hello gang!
      I didn’t know which board to put this in… but I’ll follow Nam’s example!
      I got a couple of PYO phoenix (what’s the plural of phoenix?? Phoenixes just doesn’t seem quite right…) from the factory to paint for them, and my first one was inspired by the Red Golden Pheasant. What an absolutely magnificent bird! So showy and ornate that it’s ridiculous. I may have gotten a little ambitious with my choice because this guy took a looooong time!

I pulled up some pictures of granite for reference when I did the rock, and totally disregarded them. Ha! I just broke loose and had fun. Hopefully it actually looks like a real rock!

This guy has blue and green interference paint on his neck feathers and some feathers on the backs of his wings, and more blue on the tips of his tail feathers. Other liberties were taken with those bits, too, so he doesn’t look exactly like the real bird, but heck he’s a phoenix not really a pheasant. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I like him best with the yellow eyes, but the red eyes aren’t bad either… maybe Windstone will offer him with the option of choosing? I’ll ask.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
      Participant

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
        -J R R Tolkien

Kujacker
        Participant

Wow. The colors on this guy are fantastic. And how everything is so flawlessly blended together. Makes me cry lol.
          Did you ever think of doing a tutorial? ๐Ÿ˜‰
          And I agree… difficult decision on the eye color… they both look good.

Adaneth
          Participant

He looks great! I love the wings and the tail in particular, and the rock sure looks real to me! ๐Ÿ™‚

KoishiiKitty
            Participant

That is awesomesauce! I need to get my hands on one from the next batch. My mouth is salivating at the anticipation of painting one.

machineguts
              Participant

Oh WOW. That is one spectacular Phoenix. Incredible work! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Rachel
                Participant

WAAANT. And I want him with the red eyes.

Anonymous

BEEEEEAUTIFUL!

I adore what you’ve done with the tail feathers – and the wings are just fantastic! I like the yellow/straw eyes but I think a metallic green would just put it over the top in the Hail to the Phoenix category.

WONDERFUL artwork! ::clapping:::

Laurie
                    Participant

Aarrgg. I commissioned someone to do a Golden like my Handsome. almost we haven’t finished talking yet. Does that mean I can’t have it done? ๐Ÿ˜•
                      He is beautiful tho Helen, very nice. ๐Ÿ˜‰

KoishiiKitty
                      Participant

Laurie wrote:

Aarrgg. I commissioned someone to do a Golden like my Handsome. almost we haven’t finished talking yet. Does that mean I can’t have it done? ๐Ÿ˜•
                        He is beautiful tho Helen, very nice. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You CAN have it done. Remember the black uni repaint and what Melody said? Real animal colors and patterns can not be copyrighted. Is like, Windstone painted some Zorse uni’s, or buckskin..but because those are real nature patterns, I can paint a Zorse/buckskin/name all the horses too if I wanted.
                        It is color patterns not found in the natural work on an animal that start to have protection….Like peacock Ore(a stone, but not a color pattern found on a creature).

It also has to be a color pattern NOT done by some one else or in the art world. For istance melody mentioned doing red and green dragons..but red and green are insanely comon…so if they did red and green, it would not mean no one could do a red and green dragon any longer.

(some one can let me know if I have this wrong)

Mmloda
                        Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฎ WOW…I LOVE HIS FEATHERS… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

๐Ÿ™‚ He looks STUNNING! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Marzena

siberakh1
                          Participant

Yay! Another Pheasant Phoenix PYO! A beautiful one at that! *can’t wait to get hands on a pyo phoenix….. oh, what bird to paint first….*

Nope, you’re safe Laurie. If it’s a natural pattern/coloration found in nature, you’re safe. If you were having someone copy another artist’s work or pattern (like Melody’s peacock coloration on the dragons in that same layout, then it would be a problem).

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Wow, those feathers look like you could reach out and touch how soft they would be. Unreal! Even the ROCK looks amazing! It looks like there are mineral deposits running through it.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Lokie
                              Participant

Not exactly my taste in color schemes, but as always, beautiful paint job ๐Ÿ™‚ And the rock looks awesome. I love granite ๐Ÿ˜€

Carolyn
                                Participant

Lovely colors .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.