fbpx

PYO Dragons & Griffins too (6/19/09)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion PYO Dragons & Griffins too (6/19/09)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    John
    Keymaster

I sure hope we aren’t opening a big can of worms with this. The reason we glued the eyes in to begin with is so we could more easily identify any knock-offs from pictures that didn’t show the bottoms of the pieces. We really can’t stop anybody from putting a different eye in them and that is going to confuse the issue. Just what we were trying to avoid in the beginning. So the choice was to glue the eyes in so well that you would surely break the piece getting them out, or ship them with the eyes out and hope for the best.

We have such a pervasive community of PYO fans and collectors now that we will trust that any knock-offs will be quickly discovered and reported to us, as has happened with our regular pieces.

Christine
      Participant

Wow, I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels honored that Windstone will put so much trust into its collector base, just so we can enjoy painting the PYOs more.

I won’t abuse it, that’s for sure. And I think some of us get just as excited when we’re able to out a knockoff as when we find a great piece 😉

LadyFirebird
        Participant

I didn’t know that–about the eyes. It is appreciated that we are trusted. If it does become an issue then glue the eyes in and we will just have to be careful, that’s all. We appreciate that you are making these PYOs to begin with! 🙂

Melissa
          Participant

Ah, so it’s delicate issue territory. Thank you, that’s good to know.

I’ll see to it that any Keeper photos I publicly post, or any Keepers that leave my house have the classic Windstone eyes. I’ll be trying something with a personal piece, but (barring disaster) she won’t get any further than my shelf. The eyes-out thing is a generous gesture of trust on the part of Windstone, and a huge convenience for painters, so I don’t want to gum that up for anyone.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.