fbpx

Production paint?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Production paint?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Windswept
    Participant

Windswept
      Participant

Out of sheer curiosity (and to help out my repair job on a dragon with a shattered tail), exactly what paint are you using on the production Windstones? Acrylic/oil/laquer/enamel/etc….? Any brand name would also be an extreme help. <3

Pegasi1978
        Participant

It’s been mentioned the factory uses golden and/or liquitex brand acrylics.

Windswept
          Participant

Ah cool, thanks! I tried doing a search but couldn’t find mention of it. n_n;

Jennifer
            Keymaster

The Factory uses a lot of different kinds of paint, though they use a lot of Golden Brand. Whatever brand you get, remember to get acrylic paint. You can use watercolors on PYOs but it’s a totally different effect than what the Factory does. Enamel and oil based paints should be avoided for large areas of a Windstone as they do not allow the gypsum to ‘breathe’ and may cause long-term problems with paint blisters, etc.

What color dragon are you repairing?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Melody
              Keymaster

Demyx wrote:

Out of sheer curiosity (and to help out my repair job on a dragon with a shattered tail), exactly what paint are you using on the production Windstones? Acrylic/oil/laquer/enamel/etc….? Any brand name would also be an extreme help. <3

Everyone has already answered this, but acrylics are what we use. Golden brand and Liquitex are two good ones.

Windswept
                Participant

Nam- Oooh no, don’t worry, I already know what to buy and use from my experience with my PYOs. I was doing a quick lookup before I start stripping the production paint. I was pretty sure I knew what I was dealing with, but wanted to double check before things got messy. <3
                  He’s that busted Sun that I won off ebay recently. Way too damaged to try keeping the old paint job, so I figured I’d paint up a blue to get snuggly with my ruby sun.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.