Problems with password retrieve function

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Problems with password retrieve function

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kiera
    Participant

Kiera
      Participant

I’ve been having troubles the last couple weeks with logging in. Granted, I only tried a few times, I have not been online much. I forgot my password, and tried to use the forgotten password option, but when I use it I get no email. Checked my Spam folder. I was able to email Melody directly, though. I created this new account (I used to be called Thunderwing). I don’t mind keep this account instead of the old one, I like this name better. However… I wanted to point out to the persons in charge that there may be a problem with the password reset/retrieve. Or it might just be my account?

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Has anyone else had this problem?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Purplecat
          Participant

I’ve had this problem….but to be honest I think it’s error on my part…I think my windstone account is actually attached to a dead email addy I no longer use, and I’ve been lazy about updating it. I can actually only access the windstone boards from my personal computer (which has my password…whatever it is, memorized)

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Your email associated with your account here is a mail.com email address.

If anyone has trouble changing a password, you may always contact me. I can manually change it for you. This is only as a last resort though, and I will need some reasonable proof as to who you are (your email account matching your forum email for example, or.. if I know you! etc.)

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Anonymous

If the system can’t send out a password e-mail, or any e-mail for that matter, it will flag it in the error log for me as a problem.

This was quite apparent in November when I made a server change and forgot to update a setting and ended up with 28 pages of errors for watched topics. :spank:

The error log has been empty since then so that means the e-mails are going out, and as suggested, most likely your e-mail address in your profile is old or possibly spelt wrong, resulting in no e-mail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.