fbpx

Posting a Photo

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Posting a Photo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

How do we post photos on the new forum? Do we use a host site like photobucket? Please help!

GardenNinja
      Participant

Bwahahah!
        On the forum and in PMs, you need to use a host site. You also need a host site for ads if you want to use higher resolution images.
        But the link you need to copy-paste is not always the same!

For flickr, as of this morning:
        PMs & Forum: The link provided by flickr under Share-> Share works best.
        Ads: The link provided by flickr under Share -> Embed works after you delete half of it. I can provide details if you like.

For photobucket:
        PMs & Forum: use the link provided by photobucket labeled “IMG” or the one labeled “Direct”. Either work. “html” also works on the forum, but not in PMs.
        Ads: I haven’t tested, because I hate photobucket. I only use it for Windstone eBay picture perma-links.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

GardenNinja
        Participant

I tested photobucket for ads, and both “html” and “img” worked after Clay reverted last night’s change.

Rylorien
          Participant

For posting in a topic, just use the IMG button above the text box. Click on it, it’ll prompt you to put in the web address for the picture (i.e., right click, “copy link location” on the photo from whichever host site you use); hit “okay” and you can put in a description (this is optional). Don’t click the box beneath the description line or you won’t be able to post more than one picture!

For the classifieds, once you complete the text portion of the ad and hit “next”, you have an option to upload up to 6 pictures from your computer. You don’t need a host site for the classifieds anymore, as far as I know.

GardenNinja
            Participant

No, you don’t need a host site for the classifieds, if your pictures are less than 1 MB. But if your pics are bigger, and look too grainy after shrinking (or, for the non-computer types, you’d rather figure out how to link than how to shrink), then you can use the method I described to link to higher resolution pics on a host site.

What OS do you use that gives you a right-click option called “copy link location”? I’m using Windows 7, and the option I get is just called “copy”. I had assumed that copied the actual photo as a bitmap, but when I tested the various options, it copied the link.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.