fbpx

Possible swapping of Swap pieces

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Possible swapping of Swap pieces

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Scathach
    Participant

I guess I’ve got the unpopular opinion! I tried to think about how I would feel if I entered a swap and someone sold my piece, and I have to say I would not be happy about it. I would not be able to say anything about it because I agree – the piece that I swap is the person’s who I swapped to, but I guess I’ve just always been under the impression that selling swap pieces would be frowned upon because I wouldn’t feel good about doing it and I wouldn’t feel good about it being done with a piece I painted.

Seeing someone trade a piece I swapped would sting less, but certainly for a moment I would wonder what I did wrong on the piece to make the person want to trade it away.

Again, there’s really nothing I’d be able to say against it, but I wouldn’t like having a piece I swapped sold for money. It would certainly make me think twice about entering swaps anymore.

I’m with you on this one, Hannah. It’s a sensitive subject, to be sure.

Sure, as it’s been said, no matter if it’s an ebay piece, production, or swap, it’s yours to do with as you wish.

Looking at it the other way, if someone wants the piece I painted more than the person I painted it for, then it’s going to a good home where it will be more loved.

Just my thoughts.

Life is beautiful.

Kiya
      Participant

This is a hard one for me right now because I’m preparing to move and any pieces I don’t sell or trade will have to go into my very limited storage space until we can get settled into a new house.

I like all my swap pieces, but keeping them means prioritizing them over pieces I’ve purchased – but at the same time I don’t want to offend anyone. ๐Ÿ™

It’s hard having to significantly downsize your collection. ๐Ÿ™

Prezaurian
        Participant

I guess I’ve got the unpopular opinion! I tried to think about how I would feel if I entered a swap and someone sold my piece, and I have to say I would not be happy about it. I would not be able to say anything about it because I agree – the piece that I swap is the person’s who I swapped to, but I guess I’ve just always been under the impression that selling swap pieces would be frowned upon because I wouldn’t feel good about doing it and I wouldn’t feel good about it being done with a piece I painted.

Seeing someone trade a piece I swapped would sting less, but certainly for a moment I would wonder what I did wrong on the piece to make the person want to trade it away.

Again, there’s really nothing I’d be able to say against it, but I wouldn’t like having a piece I swapped sold for money. It would certainly make me think twice about entering swaps anymore.

I’m with you on this one, Hannah. It’s a sensitive subject, to be sure.

Sure, as it’s been said, no matter if it’s an ebay piece, production, or swap, it’s yours to do with as you wish.

Looking at it the other way, if someone wants the piece I painted more than the person I painted it for, then it’s going to a good home where it will be more loved.

Just my thoughts.

This is a difficult subject. On the one hand once its swapped the piece becomes the other person’s property. To do with as they wish.

On the other hand, like you Hannah…I would be a little upset if someone sold a swap piece I painted for them. Nothing I could do about it because again it’s the other person’s property, but I wouldn’t be thrilled either. I’d also wonder if something I’d done made them not like it. I feel similarly about trading. But if people need space or are crunched one way or another I’m not going to begrudge them. Life happens. And maybe the person who bought or traded for the piece you painted will love it more and give it a new happy home.

I guess if someone regularly joined the swap just to get pieces to sell for profit that would really inhibit my willingness to join. Because I’d feel like I was being taken advantage of as an artist. But I really don’t think that’s a problem we need to worry about (thankfully!). The people who join the swaps are joining for the fun of it. ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s a really nice community activity and its exciting to see what everyone comes up with.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.