fbpx

Possible Shipping/Pick up Help

Home Forums Miscellany Community Possible Shipping/Pick up Help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

Hey everyone, how’s it been?
      In my typical fashion I haven’t been around much, though I pop in here and there. How’s everyone in Windstone land?

I had a question: anyone here live near Ottawa, Illinois? That would be willing to help me out?
      See, there’s two statues (not Windstone related) that I have been looking to buy for a long, long while now. They are around, but pricey due to them being large and limited. One of the two has popped up on ebay used (no box/packaging) at a decent price. Problem is, the seller is only offering local pick up due to the statue being about 15 pounds and fairly fragile. Honestly not sure how it would ship without the packaging… there are small breakable pieces and apparently some pieces have been glued back together over the years, but we Windstone shippers seem pretty good with packaging ๐Ÿ™‚ The statue as a whole is in pretty good condition and I don’t mind a couple small issues here and there when such a price difference is in consideration.

If anyone lives around the area and would be willing to pick it up, securely package and ship it to me, I would be ever grateful and of course pay for shipping/packaging and be willing to compensate you.

On the same topic, are there shipping services that offer this kind of thing? I’ve never had to deal with “local pick up only” so I’ve never had to look into it.

Thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚

pipsxlch
      Participant

Hey, Kujacker, how’ve you been? Have a little Stone Critters ferret that reminds me of your love for them when I see it.

I don’t know from personal experience, but I’ve heard of UPS Store franchises doing what you want. Sure it would be pricey, but looking for one near the seller’s ZIP might be an option. Sorry never been to Illinois myself.

VS
        Participant

Hm, Ottowa is a bit under 2 hours from me per Google maps. Probably less, knowing how I drive. If all else fails, let me know if you need me to pick it up. The shipping might be the tough part, depending on how big it is and how much padding it needs.

Kujacker
          Participant

Hey, Kujacker, how’ve you been? Have a little Stone Critters ferret that reminds me of your love for them when I see it.

I don’t know from personal experience, but I’ve heard of UPS Store franchises doing what you want. Sure it would be pricey, but looking for one near the seller’s ZIP might be an option. Sorry never been to Illinois myself.

I’ve been alright, trying to be more positive. I pretty much only work now, but that’s okay hah. I don’t want to jump the gun, but things are looking up for the near future. If everything pans out, I will be moving out of state back to my home state. Very excited for that, as I never thought it would be possible.
            Ahh I don’t have that ferret figure! Might have to look into it. I AM getting my third ferret tattoo in June though ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve heard that the UPS service isn’t all that great… as in they don’t secure the items as well as they should. I know from my single personal experience of purchasing a Michael Whelan dragon (over a decade ago), the seller had UPS pack him and he arrived detached from his base.

Kujacker
            Participant

Hm, Ottowa is a bit under 2 hours from me per Google maps. Probably less, knowing how I drive. If all else fails, let me know if you need me to pick it up. The shipping might be the tough part, depending on how big it is and how much padding it needs.

I would be extremely grateful if you were able to pick it up! I honestly wouldn’t mind whatever the shipping cost would be… even if it’s a steep price, it would be cheaper that if I were to purchase the statue mint in box (unless the shipping were to cost several hundred dollars… but even then that would be a savings LOL).

From what I am able to find, if the statue had the box, the dimensions would be about 21x19x 28 inches. But as there is no box, the statue is said to be 14″ tall. Not sure on the size of the base. About 15 pounds. There are small/thin parts so I think those would need to be heavily padded.
              It comes with a COA. Seller has it pictured in a frame, but not sure if the frame is included (doesn’t say in the listing).

Please let me know if you’d be willing to pick it up. Thank you!

VS
              Participant

I wouldn’t trust UPS in IL. I had 100 cans of tuna (double boxed) sent from the cannery in Washington state and they not only dropped the box on every corner imaginable but CRUSHED the middle. A little over 50% of the cans were damaged beyond keeping and had to be returned. It was a pain in the butt and I think pissed off the cannery as much as it did me because they never had issues with UPS mailing their stuff before, not like that!

Just send me a PM with details and I’ll pick up your stuff and if you’re willing to reimburse on shipping I’ll pad your stuff to wazoo to your specs and mail it USPS to you. At least they’ll only drop it on one flat side and a corner, not toss it down a flight of stairs and crush the crap out of it.

pipsxlch
                Participant

That would be awesome if you were able to move back out of the sun and heat!
                  If you want the little ferret, PM me your mailing address and I’ll send it. Don’t have to pay, it didn’t cost me but a dollar- and you’ll appreciate it more.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.