fbpx

Poor Gryphon *sniff* *sniff*

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Poor Gryphon *sniff* *sniff*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

DigitalDragon wrote:

The thing that gets me is people hide behind the “I can’t be held responsible for any damage caused by the postal service” clause in these cases.

Actually, they wouldn’t be able to hide behind that if Lokie chose to dispute it. Improper packaging is the seller’s fault and isn’t covered by insurance as Ski pointed out, and Lokie would be entitled to a full refund in a case like this.

Barbara
    Participant

Sadly, I have gotten two pieces that were broken. One person claimed the PO told her that wrapping a large wizard in newspaper was good enough. The other used bubble wrap. I got a full refund on both as they were insured. Thank God!

mimitrek wrote:

DigitalDragon wrote:

The thing that gets me is people hide behind the “I can’t be held responsible for any damage caused by the postal service” clause in these cases.

Actually, they wouldn’t be able to hide behind that if Lokie chose to dispute it. Improper packaging is the seller’s fault and isn’t covered by insurance as Ski pointed out, and Lokie would be entitled to a full refund in a case like this.

Ah… well, that’s good to know! But I wonder about all the people I’ve seen complain about this who don’t seem to find a solution with the Seller. Maybe it’s more an issue of people choosing to not pursue it as soon as the Seller says “It’s not my fault, it’s the post office.” Can’t blame them in a way… eBay can be such a hassle. Gets tiresome to have to deal with both Buyers AND Sellers after awhile. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah, I think a lot of people would just rather not go through the hassle of filing a dispute…and Paypal does charge a $25 fee for disputes, plus I’ve heard of various people who’ve had problems with their dispute process. That’s why I always buy things with a credit card — then you don’t need to be at the mercy of Paypal if a dispute situation arises, filing the dispute is free, and you’re guaranteed to get your money back if the seller is at fault.

Bob

This is very good to know. I’ve gotten lucky so far on all my winnings

That’s good…I haven’t been so lucky with Ebay, and had to use the credit card dispute process once to get a refund. But I guess its not that bad, since I’ve had ~20 transactions with no problems.

Bob

not a bad record

Lokie
          Participant

Thank you so much for your condolences for my poor Gryphon. If anyone would understand why I’m upset over this, I knew it would be the forum members.

emerald212 wrote:

This was that pretty stripey one you got for $80, right? Poor thing. That’s terrible. Good luck fixing it. I’m rooting for you.

Yes, Emerald212, he was the stripey Gryphon. If he didn’t break, he would have been near mint topside with a few tiny fleabites underneath. Not only was he in great condition, but he was also painted beautifully! That is why I instantly fell in love with him. Until I saw him I had only owned dragons; I had no idea how striking the stripey tan Gryphon was in person. I might rethink collecting dragons now…. I can’t wait to see the new Gryphon production color!

skigod377 wrote:

I know you want to keep it, but I would at least ask for a partial refund. Also, as for packing… USPS and UPS will ONLY refund if they determine that packing was adequate and it was their fault. Sometimes you have to get a note from them saying packing from the seller was inadequate. Think about it… the PO is not going to pay for something that was not their fault.

Although I could possibly get my money back from UPS (and as I’m learning from posts, possibly keep the item as well), I don’t see this as their fault. As far as I’m concerned, these things need to be packed bomb proof. Everyone should expect boxes to be thrown about by the shipping company and it is entirely the seller’s fault in my opinion. I think the idea is that the seller only cares that he got his money, and is fine with me claiming the insurance to get mine back. He probably sees it as a win-win since he gets money, and I get mine refunded. Of course I don’t see it this way; I wanted the item intact. I had already had the money before I purchased it.

skigod377 wrote:

Really, that is some horrible damage. Its gonna take some skillz to fix it. I would attemt to get some back cuz it may not be worth what you paid for it. Well, it was before it was shipped, but just not now. Sorry for your loss… he was lovely.

I will contact the seller on Monday and see about a partial refund since doing it now would be a mistake because I’m still fuming and I know I won’t be polite. I agree, the Gryphon really has little resale value now. Thankfully, I don’t buy these things to resell and the amount of work I will put into fixing him will make him extremely special to me. I tend to grow attached to items no matter what shape they are in.

I got some great advice from Nambroth, so I’m feeling really good that it is possible to make him look good again. I see this as a challenge to see how good my copying/scultping/match painting skills are ๐Ÿ™‚

Skigod377
            Participant

Good luck to you. We all feel your pain ๐Ÿ™ I would love to see this guy fixed up!

Jodi
              Participant

Post pictures when you’re done. I’m sure you’ll do a great job!

Bob

I’m really sorry you had to go thru this. you can post a repaired picture here for all of us to see when he is fixed

SeaWolf
                  Participant

Not only go to UPS .. if you paid with Pay Pal, file a claim immediately. The seller refused to follow instructions and as a result .. well, you can see the result. Pay Pal will refund ALL your money as the seller failed to take proper care in handling. And you should still be able to keep the poor injured griff. I really hate when beautiful things are destroyed because of twits like this.

Jodi
                    Participant

Sea Wolf, did you make your gif? Where did you get it? It’s really cute!

Participant

Yea, that is an awsome gif!

Skigod377
                        Participant

Welcome to the boards Seawolf ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.