fbpx

POOF! That was fast!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone POOF! That was fast!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

I was watching the store for someone else (and me too). They were going in at 7PM my time, so I thought I had time to go work out for a breif half an hour, come back, get showered, plant myself in front of the computer with a snack and kick back and wait. Well at 5:30, Josh called. He needed me to drive to Tomball and pick him up (15 miles away), drive him to his parent’s house in Cypress (another 10 miles away from Tomball) and I needed to make it back in an hour and a half-which, given traffic conditions in Tomball on 249, I knew it would be close.

I ran out to my car, flew as quickly as possible up to Tomball (that took about 40 minutes), took him to Cypress (another 30), and went back home (15-20 minutes usually). I called my mom and had her log into my account so she could order for me in case I didnt make it home. I made it home at 7:05!! Phew!

I *ALMOST* gave up after I saw Drag0n’s message of ‘omg they already sold out, WTF?!’ I too was glued to the screen. It was 7:30ish here, and I was losing hope. Then I started seeing all the “DUDE OMG STOP REFRESHING” messages. I placed my friend’s order, there were 94 in the store. In the time it took me to-click click, click click-and return to the home page to order one for myself, 83 had sold! omg!

dragonmedley
      Participant

Kaytana the grab bags have NEVER sold out so fast!! XD this was a new record for the store or I’ll eat my shoe.

It’s because an exact time was listed; usually, it’s much more vague and they last longer. Like, 20 minutes?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

moonbeam
        Participant

That really was an unbelievable sale.
          It was 3:40am for me when the order button finally appeared. By that time I was sooo nervous, hungry and tired. Luckily the rest of the order process went super smooth for me. I donΒ΄t think I would have been awake enough to react to any problems :p
          That really was one crazy night! And IΒ΄m pretty sure they sold out faster than anything before, considering how much there were. Even the last batch lasted nearly half an hour if I remember correctly.

Wampus Dragon
          Participant

This adds up to a)needing a bigger batch and b)next time just not telling anyone the time they go in.

fatalbeauty
            Participant

This adds up to a)needing a bigger batch and b)next time just not telling anyone the time they go in.

I think we got a bunch of new people after Melody posted the pics on deviantart, they were probably going ooooo! must sign up and buy now! hehe….

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Rachel
              Participant

Anyone else get like 5 email messages saying they were in the store before they were in the store?

fatalbeauty
                Participant

I only got the one since I had hit the tell me when they were restocked button….

4 things I'm looking for:
                  1. Mother Meerkat
                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Pam

So it seems that every time Susie tried to add the unis to the store, restock messages were sent to at least some of the people who pressed the notify button, even though the unis had not been successfully added. I think it was about the 4th or 5th try that susie was able to add them, so some people ended up getting several false restock messages.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Your enthusiasm is infectious Kay
                      It is so refreshing to see someone just be who they are and live life happy and excited. Your joy comes through in your written word. You excitement makes me smile!

Me, too!! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Rachel
                      Participant

So it seems that every time Susie tried to add the unis to the store, restock messages were sent to at least some of the people who pressed the notify button, even though the unis had not been successfully added. I think it was about the 4th or 5th try that susie was able to add them, so some people ended up getting several false restock messages.

I kinda thought that was happening. But I have to admit, every time I got an email, I tried the link. I doubt I was the only one, so I’m sure it didn’t help with the server load. πŸ˜›

I had waited quite a while by the computer, gave up and headed to the Olive Garden with my sister. Was watching on my smart phone and sipping a Peach Bellini! I didn’t figure I’d get one, but I did. I suggest Peach Bellini’s while waiting! I must have missed all the scary messages. LOL!

KaytanaPhoenix
                        Participant

Your enthusiasm is infectious Kay
                          It is so refreshing to see someone just be who they are and live life happy and excited. Your joy comes through in your written word. You excitement makes me smile!

Me, too!! πŸ™‚

You guys are awesome! πŸ™‚

Stephanie
                          Participant

*happy dance*

I’m so happy that I was able to get one! Mine should be here on Monday!

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

wolflodge100
                            Participant

I did not get one. I have no computer access on my day off so I had someone watching for me but she was not able to get one for me. I am sooo sad! I hope Melody makes more someday. πŸ™

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.