fbpx

POOF! That was fast!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone POOF! That was fast!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

I have to say that after half an hour of the site being so slow, I just gave up… The Add to cart button never came live during that time, so I threw in the white flag.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Danzig Moon (Karen)
      Participant

LOL!!! CONGRAT”S EVERYONE!!! Welcome to GB craziness!!! HA! And Melody thought we were tired of them!!

WE NEED MORE!!! PLEASE!!!!

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Hannah
        Participant

Kaytana the grab bags have NEVER sold out so fast!! XD this was a new record for the store or I’ll eat my shoe.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Ya’ll lied to me!! XD Half hour my butt! Buahaha!

Hey – I didn’t know that the store could handle orders that fast! πŸ™‚ I was sure that it was going to crash. Glad you got your order through.

Having done time in IT, I’m pretty sure there was a whole lot of swearing going on in the network operations center for the site host!

If the servers could have handled the load, I think it would have been under five minutes for them to sell out.

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

If the servers could have handled the load, I think it would have been under five minutes for them to sell out.

I agree! It was nuts!

‘n I’m just givin ya’ll hell πŸ™‚ No one expected it to go like that, thank god it was 1 per!

I feel sorry for those working the site host at that moment..

I agree Skeeter! It was Windstone ed of Black friday! Usually I don’t bother with things that go crazy like that, but this was something I made up my mind on! Even if I got one of the babys I didn’t like as much, it’s a great investment XD but I like about 50% (possible more than that even) of em! so we’ll see! lol. ‘n the rest are super cute! Just not quite my taste πŸ™‚ So Melody did an AMAZING job on these! She must be proud of her lil babys that they sold so fast!

‘n Thanks Bodine! I do jump with both feet.. like I mentioned before *someplace* I’ve been wonderin how many people wondered where the hell I came from XD hahaha

Congrats to all who got them!! So excited to see them!! (I hope to see photos of everyones! I wanna see a good photo of them, they’re a lil hard to see on the class photo, lol)

I agree! It was nuts!

‘n I’m just givin ya’ll hell πŸ™‚ No one expected it to go like that, thank god it was 1 per!

I agree Skeeter! It was Windstone ed of Black friday! Usually I don’t bother with things that go crazy like that, but this was something I made up my mind on! Even if I got one of the babys I didn’t like as much, it’s a great investment XD but I like about 50% (possible more than that even) of em! so we’ll see! lol. ‘n the rest are super cute! Just not quite my taste πŸ™‚ So Melody did an AMAZING job on these! She must be proud of her lil babys that they sold so fast!

‘n Thanks Bodine! I do jump with both feet.. like I mentioned before *someplace* I’ve been wonderin how many people wondered where the hell I came from XD hahaha

Congrats to all who got them!! So excited to see them!! (I hope to see photos of everyones! I wanna see a good photo of them, they’re a lil hard to see on the class photo, lol)

Your enthusiasm is infectious Kay
            It is so refreshing to see someone just be who they are and live life happy and excited. Your joy comes through in your written word. You excitement makes me smile!

Azurielle
            Participant

I have to say that after half an hour of the site being so slow, I just gave up… The Add to cart button never came live during that time, so I threw in the white flag.

They didn’t even go up until 544 PST, since apparently everyone was refreshing the store so much Susie couldn;t list them.
              Craziness!

Keeper of the Fledgings

etruscan
              Participant

I actually was planning to get one, but changed my mind after studying the store photo. One more chance for somebody else!

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

I agree! It was nuts!

Your enthusiasm is infectious Kay
                  It is so refreshing to see someone just be who they are and live life happy and excited. Your joy comes through in your written word. You excitement makes me smile!

Aww Branzy, Thank you! πŸ™‚ I’m glad I could make you smile (and you certainly made me smile with this comment!).. I am who I am! sometimes a lil more “special” than other times ;p haha, but life is meant to be enjoyed. I’m glad my written words comes through as it is meant πŸ™‚

Ann

Buahaha! I had hit the Add to cart button twice! (Second time to give the page a nudge, sometimes I have to do that with my net here) Read the ~Check your amount, you’re only allowed 1~ but not the rest of the message (I was being impatient, lol) so I waited for the whole page to load *completely* (I cut the loads short as soon as what I *needed* was up) thinking there was an ‘add amount’ drop down that hadn’t loaded yet, haha… to realize the prob was I had one in my cart! haha XD
                    So I went to view cart (Made sure earlier I didn’t have something sitting in there for calculating shipping, haha) put in my info and pressed the continue, it then error messaged cause I didn’t wait for the shipping page to load x.x … waited for it, noticed the shipping price difference, fixed my addy for USPS (Added my PO Box) then loaded the review page… it looked good, clicked submit on it, waited… and waited.. stopped it, tried again, it locked up.. refreshed it, hit submit real fast to *then* see it had killed the USPS info back to UPS and didn’t have my PO Box change, and then got order confirmed page. – I don’t care that I payed more for shipping than I wanted, I got to the order confirmed page, I was happy! hahaha

*faint*

Ya’ll lied to me!! XD Half hour my butt! Buahaha!

Oh, man! I would have been freaking out! After I added all the shipping info, the site freaked out and blanked everything! After the second time I hit review and got the “cannot access page”. Luckily hitting refresh took me to the pay page, phew!

I’m so excited for my first baby! This is my first windstone and man was it fun. I love all the babies so much and I don’t care which one I get, I just can’t wait until they arrive and everyone can post photos!

KaytanaPhoenix
                    Participant

Oh, man! I would have been freaking out! After I added all the shipping info, the site freaked out and blanked everything! After the second time I hit review and got the “cannot access page”. Luckily hitting refresh took me to the pay page, phew!

I’m so excited for my first baby! This is my first windstone and man was it fun. I love all the babies so much and I don’t care which one I get, I just can’t wait until they arrive and everyone can post photos!

This will be my first Windstone too! πŸ™‚

Sounds like a handful of us had some close moments with it! lol

Christine
                      Participant

I actually gave up. Thank goodness for email forwarding. At 4:55 I went to the break room where there’s a computer with net access and waited for the confirmation email to show up.

At 5:38 I walked back to my desk. At 5:39 as I was sitting down, the email notification came in to my work mail, where I set it up to forward from my gmail account.

RAN back to the break room! It took 10 minutes to complete the order but I made it. πŸ™‚

bayoudragon
                        Participant

The boss wanted me to come into work after hours to help with a program. I told her I would do it, but only if I could use the computers for personal use (which is not allowed). After I explained why, she graciously let me. πŸ™‚

Here’s hoping the IT Dept doesn’t have a cow. Oh well, too late now! :bigsmile:

Kiya
                          Participant

Haha, I had to leave work before they went in the store – was freaking out (and was late getting my kids). Called the hubby in a panic and he reminded me I book marked the store on my phone.

Got the message for the restock (finally), pulled over, and ordered from the phone.

I apparently have mad mobile skills – who knew?

KaytanaPhoenix
                            Participant

Haha, I had to leave work before they went in the store – was freaking out (and was late getting my kids). Called the hubby in a panic and he reminded me I book marked the store on my phone.

Got the message for the restock (finally), pulled over, and ordered from the phone.

I apparently have mad mobile skills – who knew?

I was totally prepared to do this too! sometimes I have more reliable net on my phone than the house, and there was a chance I’d be out when the order came in, lol!

Way to go for the phone skills! ^-^

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.