PONYCORNS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

HaHaHa!
      I like everything else but those, any similar Leopards, and the straight Zebra, and Ziger… or any regular Tigers. ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Sikek
      Participant

Oooooh!
        Is there a natural batch and a safari batch, or they’re both combined? I really love the two natural ones the most and hope there are more like them 😀

Kim
        Blocked

Good question Sikek! At the time she posted the video she said that was all she had so far and it would probably just be a safari batch. She said she would paint some giraffes or more patterns based on what was squeaked for the most.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Mary
          Participant

Wow!!! Love the Ponycorns. Hard to pick a favorite as I like most of the safari’s but am partial to snow leopards & giraffes. Do we have any estimates on when these will hit the stores? I’d better get busy saving up some $$

Bodine
            Participant

I want to thank the wonderful people that has offered to help me get a ponycorn but it looks like any spending on myself has to wait until after Christmas.Maybe,doubtful,but maybe they will not be done by then.I got informed last night that Grandpa Byrd is in the hospital,again from just a couple of weeks back,with heart issue,needs surgery and he is 93 with a bad cold.Not good.Family has been called in.Then Amber tells me she has two weeks off in Dec.so that took a major chunk from spending money and right now I have to think of others.Still have gifts to get and send.I wanted to thank y’all from my whole heart and maybe after all the trading is done we can work something out on one.🤗💞

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Setsunawolf
              Participant

Do we have any idea what the price point for these guys is going to be?

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Ela_Hara
                Participant

You don’t know until they hit the store – seems the prices are discussed and decided upon by Windstone shortly before they are posted.

My best guess is they will be within the $270-280 range, about in the middle of the Unis. I figure this range since the last batch of Fantasy/Safari Baby Unis and Colts were $200 and $210, and the latest Fantasy/Safari Young Unis were $360. The Ponycorns are not only a new sculpt, but are just as detailed as the Baby and Young Unis have been.

BTW – I was right on the money on my guess for the Pumpkin Spice Fat Cats….

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                  Blocked

I really hope they aren’t that much. Keep in mind these are shorter than the colts. They are not bigger like I originally thought. They are like half the size of the youngs. So if the baby unicorns were $200 and colts were $210 last time so I am hoping they are around the same price as those or no more than like $220.

fatalbeauty
                    Participant

You don’t know until they hit the store – seems the prices are discussed and decided upon by Windstone shortly before they are posted.

My best guess is they will be within the $270-280 range, about in the middle of the Unis. I figure this range since the last batch of Fantasy/Safari Baby Unis and Colts were $200 and $210, and the latest Fantasy/Safari Young Unis were $360. The Ponycorns are not only a new sculpt, but are just as detailed as the Baby and Young Unis have been.

BTW – I was right on the money on my guess for the Pumpkin Spice Fat Cats….

seems a little high considering their ears only come up to about the chest of a young from what I remember of the comparison picture that was posted somewhere…….I’m going to guess more towards colts pricing….anyhoo, we won’t know how much they’ll be until they hit the store so no real point in guessing…..

edit: found the picture!

zWindstone_ponycorn_WIP_young-unicorn-comparison2

4 things I'm looking for:
                      1. Mother Meerkat
                      2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                      3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                      4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kim
                      Blocked

Hmm, yeah I don’t know if we should speculate about pricing because I don’t want Windstone thinking just because people guessed a price, that everyone can afford that. I don’t want to think that’s going to drive up the price of something that actually should have been priced lower based on size and details. Also I think if some safaris were done with stencils, they wouldn’t be as time consuming as other grab bags that were more hand detailed. But I guess we will see when they are ready.

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

I guessed $250 for the ponies when I saw the first video … bigger than the baby, smaller than the young, and perhaps the same canvass space as the colt. That’s my best guess anyway, but I do hope they’re closer to $200 given exchange rates and customs fees for those of us up north (buying in the US is gross for me right now). Natural batches of GB are usually less than Fantasy GBs because of the amount of work that goes into them. With safari mixtures, I dont know. Minus the color, it looks like they might be just as much work. Hard to say when you dont’ paint. As i write this, im thinking $250 for any future fnatasy batch that might come out and $180-$210 for a natural batch. Maybe thats just wishful thinking 😉

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

JJ
                          Participant

To be honest I was/am hoping for something a bit more affordable (especially for us Canadians!). Sub $200 is where I could even start considering getting any of the grab bags and while the Halloween cats met that criteria they’re not a sculpt/design that worked for me.

Ah well if it happens it happens, if not then I save for the next round! (Hyppogriffs maybe? 😉 )

tig3r06
                            Participant

I just want to throw out there that price isn’t only painting, it’s sculpting and the amount of detail sculpted with the size of the piece. The sitting kirin grab bag were $230 and hpegs were $260 for the more difficult fantasy colors, natural horse colors were $210. The young uni are $360 so a “mini” version around $260 or more for safari wouldn’t be too far off.

Natasha
                              Participant

I’m with Ela-Hara. $260-280 sounds about right to me. Smaller doesn’t always mean less detailed, and these guys seem to have as much or more variation than the youngs.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                ANY Test Paint Bat
                                UNIS:
                                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                                Mother: Okapi
                                Gothic - Mahogany
                                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Kim
                                Blocked

Well I hope they are closer to $200 because some of us can’t afford more than that, especially before Christmas when we have to budget to buy gifts for others.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.