Pokemon question?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Pokemon question?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pipsxlch 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pipsxlch
    Participant

I remember seeing Forum members post about Pokemon before…

I’m old enough that I missed out on the Pokemon craze, so I don’t know anything about them. However, a few Pokemon figures have made it into my stuff (unicorn goldfish!). I’m really intrigued by the Paleozoic era and the weirdly wonderful critters that lived then. Recently, I found a few figures that resemble Paleozoic animals enough to satisfy me. Not much is made of many of that era’s lifeforms besides Dimetrodons and sometimes cynodonts and coelacanths, maybe a few Dunkleosteous. So I can handle a cartoony representation.

So I thought I might ask here, does anyone know of Pokemon figures that they think resemble Paleozoic life? I have no idea of names, so anything would help and be appreciated. Thanks!

dashesndots
    Participant

I don’t know about paleozoic, but there are lots of dinosaur-ish inspired pokemon…but a lot of them have random plant elements included or some other weird feature.
    Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur
    Kabutops
    Aerodactyl
    Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium
    Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
    Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar
    Aron/Lairon/Aggron
    Anorish/Armaldo
    Tropius
    Relicanth – very much modeled on a coelacanth
    Cranidos/Rampardos
    Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
    Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus
    Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
    Amaura/Auroros
    Jangmo-o/Hakama-o/Kommo-o

This is the national dex, you can look at them all here:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_number

There are over 800 so you might find something like what you are looking for.

etruscan
    Participant

Searching “Burgess Shale” on etsy gets some intriguing results:

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=burgess%20shale&ref=auto-1&as_prefix=burgess%20shale

Or simply search the name of whatever critter you are hoping to find. People create some strange things!

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Awe! I was so excited to answer this question but dashesndots completely beat me to it! LOL!

Got a busted dragon? There isn't a Windstone that I can't fix! - drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
    *OPEN for repairs on a limited basis. Happy to help with DIY questions - PM me*

pipsxlch
    Participant

Thanks for all the responses! Etruscan, for whatever dumb blonde reason (yes I am) I was looking up Paleozoic, Cambrian and Precambrian, Silurian, Devonian etc. but never used ‘Burgess Shale’. Duh!

Dasesndots and Drag0n, thanks! That list is very helpful, and it led me to retail sites also. They’re cheaper than ‘real’ Paleozoic models, so it works for me!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.