fbpx

Pokemon question?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Pokemon question?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

I remember seeing Forum members post about Pokemon before…

I’m old enough that I missed out on the Pokemon craze, so I don’t know anything about them. However, a few Pokemon figures have made it into my stuff (unicorn goldfish!). I’m really intrigued by the Paleozoic era and the weirdly wonderful critters that lived then. Recently, I found a few figures that resemble Paleozoic animals enough to satisfy me. Not much is made of many of that era’s lifeforms besides Dimetrodons and sometimes cynodonts and coelacanths, maybe a few Dunkleosteous. So I can handle a cartoony representation.

So I thought I might ask here, does anyone know of Pokemon figures that they think resemble Paleozoic life? I have no idea of names, so anything would help and be appreciated. Thanks!

dashesndots
      Participant

I don’t know about paleozoic, but there are lots of dinosaur-ish inspired pokemon…but a lot of them have random plant elements included or some other weird feature.
        Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur
        Kabutops
        Aerodactyl
        Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium
        Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr
        Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar
        Aron/Lairon/Aggron
        Anorish/Armaldo
        Tropius
        Relicanth – very much modeled on a coelacanth
        Cranidos/Rampardos
        Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
        Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus
        Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
        Amaura/Auroros
        Jangmo-o/Hakama-o/Kommo-o

This is the national dex, you can look at them all here:
        https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_number

There are over 800 so you might find something like what you are looking for.

etruscan
        Participant

Searching “Burgess Shale” on etsy gets some intriguing results:

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=burgess%20shale&ref=auto-1&as_prefix=burgess%20shale

Or simply search the name of whatever critter you are hoping to find. People create some strange things!

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Awe! I was so excited to answer this question but dashesndots completely beat me to it! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

pipsxlch
            Participant

Thanks for all the responses! Etruscan, for whatever dumb blonde reason (yes I am) I was looking up Paleozoic, Cambrian and Precambrian, Silurian, Devonian etc. but never used ‘Burgess Shale’. Duh!

Dasesndots and Drag0n, thanks! That list is very helpful, and it led me to retail sites also. They’re cheaper than ‘real’ Paleozoic models, so it works for me!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.