fbpx

Poads and the Last Jedi?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Poads and the Last Jedi?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

I am watching the Last Jedi and these birds from Luke’s island look surprisingly like Poads. Is it just me?

Stephanie
      Participant

I had the same thought!

Ela_Hara
        Participant

I believe I read somewhere, I think on one of Melody’s deviantArt posts or on one of her Facebook pages, that someone expressed a similar thought and Melody commented that they were almost opposites. I don’t remember the comment exactly to quote it, but the general idea was that the critters on ‘Jedi’ had mammalian heads on bird bodies, whereas Poads are bird heads on a mammalian’s body. I believe she mentioned a hamster as the model for the Poad’s body.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

pipsxlch
          Participant

Hah my old mother made the same connection- down to the similarity of ‘poad’ and ‘porg’. Though they impact so similar, guess they are opposites. Does make you wonder if someone on their creative team had seen poads and used them as an inspiration.

GardenNinja
            Participant

I couldn’t find her post right off to be sure, but I think she said guinea pig. Which is exactly what I thought the first time I saw one! I had both guinea pigs and hamsters at different times as a child.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Yes, she did also mention guinea pigs – I believe here on the forum in the ‘About’ section? I think the hampster mention may be in one of the Kickstarter videos?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.