fbpx

Poad information card/s

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Poad information card/s

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    flaconscale
    Participant

I will try and get scans of my GB Poad cards.

Even just a photo would be awesome! Just to see the differences

Hi. I am not sure if this helps but it seems the cards that have come with poads don’t always stay with them. I have received a few poads with and without cards and I have probably shipped some without cards although I usually try to remember to include them. To me they seem kind of like the tags that used to come with Windstones, that some people would just cut off and forget about. I can see if I have an extra young cards to show or send but I actually don’t even expect or look for them when I buy older poads as I figure some people may have just lost them or don’t save them.

To be honest Kim I wasn’t to concerned about GB ones. The one missing from the LE production silver begal is the one that bothers me. I think its because it is a production piece and thus its more expected… whereas GBs areone offs.

That being said though I figured I would try my luck and posted a wanted ad, and a couple of people have dropped me a line ♡♡♡

DREAM/GRAIL POAD = #9 of the 2021 Spring Young GB

---
      Always looking to increase my Poad Clutter.
      After GB poads of all ages
      Please Msg me if you have one who might like living in Aus

---

Seeking a Zeppard Poad, PREF Teal / Blue eyes
      Dream/Grail Piece/s; Okapi Adult Poad; #9 of the 2021 Spring Young GB

Angelika_Zen
      Participant

I’m with Kimmy on this one.

Poad cards are not valuable like COAs. IMO, cards are the equivalent to the old hang tags…take em, leave em, rip em out….it doesnt do anything for the value of the sculpture. On a retailer’s shelf, they serve a purpose, as did the hang tags….that being, information about the company and these have a cute blurb about the creature…

Good luck finding the cards you need. But please dont think your poad has less value or wont resell without it. Its a fantastic piece with or without the information card 🙂

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

Ah-ha! NOW I see where you’re coming from!! 🙂

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

flaconscale
          Participant

I’m with Kimmy on this one.

Poad cards are not valuable like COAs. IMO, cards are the equivalent to the old hang tags…take em, leave em, rip em out….it doesnt do anything for the value of the sculpture. On a retailer’s shelf, they serve a purpose, as did the hang tags….that being, information about the company and these have a cute blurb about the creature…

Good luck finding the cards you need. But please dont think your poad has less value or wont resell without it. Its a fantastic piece with or without the information card 🙂

To be honest its really kind of reassuring to see this opinion from more than one person. The desire to find/have the Poad card is deeply rooted in habit and ocd.

Other things I collect such as; Cherished Teddies, Trail of painted ponies and F4F pieces all have their own version of hang tags/cards, which can affect value to other collectors. Some communities even place value on the boxes. In F4F pieces the cards are similar to a credit card and double as the CoA. With Cherished Teddies their paperwork includes a little name tag sign and a certificate of adoption (although a lot of pieces after the early 00’s no longer do this). As for Trail of painted ponies… they are nuts. A hang tag can affect an early generation pony’s price (especially a first edition) up to 50% as can the condition and colour of the box it comes in.

I will admit I love the little facts on the Poad cards ♡♡ My worry over possible retail steamed from other collecting communities, Trail of painted ponies in particular as the drop off is insane … its pretty much guaranteed that you will not be able to sell a pony for the same price you brought it for. One is nearly always selling at a loss.

She is adorable… I will totally admit to having to stroke all Poads when I take them out of their boxes.

As for finding the cards I tried Susie with no luck and then figured I had nothing to loose from a want ad, that being said may have found one. As some might said one person’s trash is another’s treasure.

Totally loving this community and all the amazing help, conversations and general love I have found. I hope to be here for a long time yet

---

---

flaconscale
            Participant

Ah-ha! NOW I see where you’re coming from!! 🙂

😉 old habits die hard

---

---

Pam

Thanks so much for clearing that up!! The two gb young I have adopted from other people seem to have eatten them at some point in time.

Please feed your Poads, or they will eat their Poad cards! :bigsmile:

flaconscale
                Participant

Please feed your Poads, or they will eat their Poad cards! :bigsmile:

XD they appear to prefer the taste if coloured ink. Neithrr of them have even nibbled their hang tags

---

---

Mercury Star
                  Participant

Sorry this took me so long! Here are scans of the cards that came with my Poads from the December 2013 (Adult) Poads GB and the May 2013 Young Poads GB.

Hannah
                    Participant

I rooted around a little bit and found these:

The picture isn’t so great, but it’s got a couple more in addition to the ones Mercury Star has already shown 🙂

My favorite fact: Poads fizz and puff up when they are angry XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

flaconscale
                      Participant

XD homg! Thankyou both so much for sharing these!! ♡♡♡

Now I just have to work out which batches came with cards, just because. I also think if I manage to find them I might put the dates on the back for personal infomation as it all tends to get a bit lost and convoluted around here for a new comer. Spent a few hours this morning digging through gb threads seeing if I could find photos of them.

The facts are the best part!! Poads are addictive always makes me laugh as its so true. Although Fizzing and popping Poads is great too. One of most memorable parts of the comic 😀

I have a Poad in the mail atm who apprently smells a bit of perfume on her pad. Hopefully she doesn’t pop and fizz at a little butt sniffing

EDIT:
                        Btw I forgot to add if either of you are ever looking to get rid of your Poad cardsa I would be more than willing to pay for them and their postage. ♡

---

---

Skigod377
                        Participant

I don’t know if you got my eBay message but I figured I’d cover both bases. I found the Poad card today while listing another Poad. It’s not mint, but I can mail it off to you if you like. Not sure if you found another one on here or not. Let me know! If it were me, I’d like to have it, too.

flaconscale
                          Participant

I rooted around a little bit and found these:

The picture isn’t so great, but it’s got a couple more in addition to the ones Mercury Star has already shown 🙂

My favorite fact: Poads fizz and puff up when they are angry XD

@Hannah;
                            By any chance do you know which batch each is from? I managed to get a couple of other members but trying to match them to batches without pictues is a bit of a guessing game.

I don’t know if you got my eBay message but I figured I’d cover both bases. I found the Poad card today while listing another Poad. It’s not mint, but I can mail it off to you if you like. Not sure if you found another one on here or not. Let me know! If it were me, I’d like to have it, too.

@Skigod;
                            I did get it xD just haven’t had much of a chance to sit down and answer all me emails etc today. Catching up now.

Will admit I was so excited to see you found it. I have not managed to find a replacement one… Although I did score some others. A few gb ones and lp ones so bonus!

Not mint is better than nothing. Never know what is repairable until you get a chance to look it over in person. If you could send it I would be much obliged!! ♡♡

————————–

Cards I have found so far.

Trying to find the date of the batch for the first young card. I THINK it is the February 2012 Fantasy young GB

---

---

etruscan
                            Participant

————————–

Cards I have found so far.

Trying to find the date of the batch for the first young card. I THINK it is the February 2012 Fantasy young GB

If all else fails, you can search the class photos in Melody’s Blog for Poads that match those on the card.

P.S. If you skim through Melody’s Blog for information about the February 2012 Poads you find a post that looks like it doesn’t have any photos. There actually are several images if you click on the link:

http://windstoneeditions.com/blog/grab-bag-young-poads%E2%84%A2-2-2012-class-photo

Hannah
                              Participant

@Hannah;
                                By any chance do you know which batch each is from? I managed to get a couple of other members but trying to match them to batches without pictues is a bit of a guessing game.

I think this is right, someone can correct me if I am off on any of them!
                                I have linked the “show” thread for each one, under the picture 🙂

Top left: 11/15/11
                                Top right: 2/21/12
                                Bottom left: 5/2/13
                                Bottom right: 12/26/12

Hannah
                                Participant

Hopefully the double posting gets better soon.. I hate that this is the norm now :/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.