fbpx

Please Send Good Thoughts

Home Forums Miscellany Community Please Send Good Thoughts

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

The week before last I slipped and fell down the stairs. I twisted around to grab for the banister and missed so I screwed up my back really badly. My doctor has given my muscle relaxants to help but I’m still in a lot of pain. But that isn’t the bad part.

My Mother called last week to tell me to come home, that my Grandmother wasn’t doing very well. We went home (grudgingly, I’ll admit..my parents are sort of separated and it’s hard being in the same house as both of them when they get all grumpy at each other). I was also not looking forward to the 3 hour drive there and 3 hour drive back when my back makes sitting up for more than an hour seriously painful. But it was actually a good day, I loaded up on painkillers and away we went. My Grandmother was actually more alert than usual according to my Mom, she recognized everyone (I guess she had been having problems even recognizing my mother and aunt) and called me by name and we had a nice visit.

My Dad called this morning to tell me that my Popo (that’s what we always called her) passed away last night. I will miss her so much. I feel so guilty that I didn’t want to go back to my parents last weekend, I know…I didn’t know it would be the last time I would see her but I still feel that way. At least she passed away at home and not in some impersonal hospital.

I’m sorry but I just need to unload this and you all are about the best friends I have. Thanks for reading.

Adaneth
      Participant

๐Ÿ™ You went, that’s what matters, and she knew you were there. The real regret would be if you hadn’t gone at all. I’m so sorry for your loss. ๐Ÿ™

Also, hope your back heals up soon, that’s never any fun.

Jasmine I am so sorry for your loss. You shouldn’t feel bad. You had a good last visit with your grandma. You are very lucky, try not to feel guilty. We all have those kind of thoughts from time to time.
        *Hugs*

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

My condolences to you and your family Jasmine. Think of how you would’ve felt if you hadn’t gone at all. You went and it was good, you shouldn’t feel bad about that. When someone you love passes away you always think of things you should’ve done differently, everyone does it. Hold on to the memory of that last good visit with her and you have nothing to feel guilty about. ((HUGS))

dragonmedley
          Participant

You went, that’s what matters. She knew you, everything went well; take that memory – no regrets.

Now, take my big sympathy and healing hugs – hurting physically and in the heart at the same time shouldn’t be allowed… :((

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
            Participant

I grieve with you and for you Jasmine. I lost my beloved G’ma in January and very hard it was, too. I’m the oldest grandchild and she was always there and an incredible woman. I know that you will miss your grandmother and it will be hard to bear some days, but now you have a special angel looking out for you and your family. I’m glad that you got a chance to visit with her before she passed – what an incredible gift for both you and her. Big HUGE HUGS! and loves from

twindragonsmum

tdm

Bob

I’m so sorry for your loss, at least you got to see her one more time
                if you need us we are here

i’m so sorry for these rough times, jasmine ๐Ÿ™

Jasmine
                Participant

Well, the viewing is set for tomorrow night and the funeral will be on Sat. I can’t stop tearing up, I’m just so tired. This year has really been sucky so far.

I don’t know what to say, except for that it’s an extremely good thing you got to see her. I send good wishes and a hug.

LadyFirebird
                  Participant

So sorry about the loss of your Popo. You did go and see her–we never know what’s around the corner and so we do the best we can under the circumstances. Please don’t beat yourself up over this. You and Popo will be in my thoughts.

darjeb
                    Participant

My deepest sympathy for your loss

My condolences for the loss of your Popo. Don’t feel guilty, you did go to see her, and would be regretting if you didn’t.

I remember promising my grandfather years ago to visit him in the summer… I didn’t and he died that summer. Still regret that. I did get a last visit with him, but that was months before he actually died. So, in my opinion, you’re very lucky that you got that last visit with her, and that she still recognized you and remembered you. That’s something to remember fondly.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.