fbpx

Pizza! Simple Yummy Pita Pizzas!

Home Forums Miscellany Food Pizza! Simple Yummy Pita Pizzas!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Has anyone ever tried making pita pizzas? This is a simple one. The purpose of this recipe is to try a healthy alternative to pizza so I make this without meat and cheese (although you can use it if you choose) and it is very yummy and very fast and easy to make! (The spices give it flavour and the nutritional yeast gives it a cheesy taste!)

Ingredients:

Package of whole wheat pita bread
      Pizza Sauce
      Kale
      Spinach
      Zucchini
      Mushrooms
      Red or Green Pepper
      Fresh Tomatoes
      Nutritional Yeast
      Italian Seasoning
      Garlic Powder
      Onion Powder
      Salt
      Pepper

Other options:

Olives
      Pineapple
      Fresh Onions
      Fresh Garlic
      Fresh Basil
      Fresh Oregano

1. Wash and slice up all your veggies. Break kale leaves off the stem into small pieces and break up the spinach into smaller pieces.

2. Grab a pita, smear it with pizza sauce, and sprinkle spices and lots of nutritional yeast all over.

3. Scatter lots of the above veggie toppings on. You can use fresh or dried basil and oregano instead of Italian seasoning if you choose or fresh onion and garlic instead of the powders if you choose.

4. Place it either on a baking pan, pizza pan or directly on the oven rack and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until you see the kale and spinach wilt. (Watch that the edges of the pitas don’t burn.)

5. Place on plate, slice and enjoy!

You can also make this with pizza dough, English muffins or anything else you choose as a crust but pitas are nice and light and thin and crispy and make a great low fat, low calorie, tasty pizza!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Oh I’m going to try this!
        Something quick and easy but good for you too?! Thanks for the recipe! πŸ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
        Blocked

Awesome! Yeah a healthy pizza, who would have thought? You don’t have to use nutritional yeast but you can get it in most health food or organic type stores. I also know of some healthy yummy wraps and smoothies too I can post if people are interested.

Falcolf
          Participant

This sounds yummy! I just tried using tortillas as a variant of pizza shells but they did not work so well, so I’ll definitely have to try pitas instead! πŸ˜€ BTW – to those who are leery – nutritional yeast is DELICIOUS and you must try it! πŸ™‚ (At least once!!)

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Hey, just thought you’d like to know that I tried these and they are GREAT!
              I’ve been making these Pita Pizzas a few times a week after work for dinner and they are really quick and easy to do. Instead of the pita I tried a flat bread and it’s also very good and light. The pitas were 130 cal. and the flat bread, for a much larger piece, is only 150 cal. so not bad.

The kale and spinach with mushrooms, green pepper, onion flakes, pizza sauce and seasoning, oregano, nutr.yeast and just a sprinkle of grated cheese on top is fabulous!

It’s also adds some flavor and crisps the crust if you brush some olive oil on the pita/flatbread before putting on the sauce and toppings.
              Thanks again for the recipe! πŸ˜€

Kim
              Blocked

That’s great that you like them! Oh yeah I totally forgot to mention that but I usually drizzle olive oil over the pizza as well. You can even use olive oil instead of pizza sauce. For those of you that like meat or cheese, another good variation is using Alfredo or BBQ sauce and chicken with the veggies. I used to make these when I went vegan but since my diet is about half vegan now, once in a while I do like chicken pizza.

Kim
                Blocked

I just posted a recipe for veggie wraps as well that are also really good and easy to make so check that out too!

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

That’s great that you like them! Oh yeah I totally forgot to mention that but I usually drizzle olive oil over the pizza as well. You can even use olive oil instead of pizza sauce. For those of you that like meat or cheese, another good variation is using Alfredo or BBQ sauce and chicken with the veggies. I used to make these when I went vegan but since my diet is about half vegan now, once in a while I do like chicken pizza.

Now you’re talkin’! BBQ Chicken Pizza is one of my favorites…. have you ever tried BBQ Chicken Spaghetti?
                    Same idea, use grilled chicken chunks (or shredded) with BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce, and add spaghetti! You may need to thin the BBQ sauce a little with water so it is not too strong. πŸ™‚

might not look like much brahs, but i kid you not, 10/10 pizza, will never buy pizza from a store again.

View post on imgur.com

pita breads
                    tomato puree
                    drizzle of olive oil
                    mozzarella cheese (broke up over the pita)
                    finely sliced cherry tomatoes
                    slices ham

and a sprinkle of garlic powder, chili flakes and salt and pepper,

finish with another drizzle of olive oil.

the base of it is so thin and the perfect crisp texture, u get all the full flavor of everything.

will make for rest of life/10

and you could put anything on this srs, i had one last night with normal grated cheese, and chicken with sliced jalapenos on. high protein as fuark. all the good fats of the olive oil. feels good man

i put some fresh coriander on this one as well i think.
                    was so hungry i cant even fuarkin remember lol

Prezaurian
                    Participant

Where do you usually find nutritional yeast in a grocery store? I’ve seen yeast for bread making and such in the aisles but never nutritional yeast. Would you have to get it at a specialty store?

Edit: Sorry, read the next post a little more carefully. Look for the yeast in specialty stores.

Kim
                      Blocked

Yeah we bought in in bulk at a store called Community Foods I believe. It is a yellow coloured flaky powder. It is also great for making macaroni with if you want a cheese substitute. I am going to post one for vegan mac and cheese too!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.