fbpx

pipsxlch's PYOs- new old stuff

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone pipsxlch's PYOs- new old stuff

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Prezaurian
    Participant

I can’t find my old PYO thread, suppose it got lost in the forum transfer. I do still have all the photos, I can bring them here- but I’m nowhere near as good as the other painters. And I never could figure out how to post to the gallery.

Nonsense! You’re an excellent painter. I especially enjoyed seeing your latest dragon. And even though I don’t care for the foops, the mastiff coloration looks really good! I especially like the blue and green accents with the natural coloring. I wish you luck in getting the funds and time to pursue PYO painting as a hobby.

pipsxlch
      Participant

Okay, computer brainfarted on me and wiped everything I typed before, let’s try this again…

Thanks, guys, for the sweet comments and confidence building! You have no idea how much it means to me and how much I can use it right now. Sorry I haven’t been around to comment much recently, this class I’m taking is KICKING MY FANNY.

My last-painted PYO is a keeper. Since Amstaff was asking about how other people paint their pieces and how they achieve their color depth, guess I could post this guy’s story- he was painted about the same time my daughter’s small dragon was, and since people were asking for progression shots then, I took a bunch.
        My mom was complaining after I painted my daughter’s dragon that I hadn’t painted her anything, So I painted this guy for her, but she really didn’t like him. Therefore, he ended up sold to a forum member (who did). I was thinking kind of a water dragon with his colors, even though there’s no blue but for some interference really.

photo 100_3039.jpg
        This is white base coat, blackened eye sockets and first flush of lightest colors being used.

photo 100_3040.jpg
        Here I started adding the first layer of the next darkest colors- for Amstaff’s question in color saturation, notice how pale and dull they are.

photo 100_3053.jpg
        Continuing to layer thin washes of color.

photo 100_3058.jpg
        Guess I forgot to take some for awhile, here I’ve mostly finished working on the base colors and am working on blending in where necessary (if you work with REALLY thin layers of paint blending comes so much easier, it’s almost just there as you work from one shade to the next) and adding in details.

Lokie
        Participant

The blue accents on the Keeper look lovely against the green. I hope you find the time and funds to paint more.

Amstaff
          Participant

My last-painted PYO is a keeper. Since Amstaff was asking about how other people paint their pieces and how they achieve their color depth, guess I could post this guy’s story- he was painted about the same time my daughter’s small dragon was, and since people were asking for progression shots then, I took a bunch.
            ………………

photo 100_3039.jpg
            This is white base coat, blackened eye sockets and first flush of lightest colors being used.

photo 100_3040.jpg
            Here I started adding the first layer of the next darkest colors- for Amstaff’s question in color saturation, notice how pale and dull they are.

Thank you so much for posting these progressive shots ! I can see now how it does take time and multiple layers to build the colors up. Your final result is beautiful! Im can only hope with time and practice that I can achieve something as nice as this ! 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.