fbpx

Pet Pics!! just for fun

Home Forums Miscellany Community Pet Pics!! just for fun

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Here are my three:

Katie Jo

Claire Marie

Merlin Yoda (his tail was moving)

Katie’s the oldest and smallest. She’s my talker. Then Claire, who is right in the middle for both age and size. She’s my sweetie.
      Then Merlin, who is the youngest and biggest. Weird, how that worked out. He plays fetch with super balls and will jump four feet off the ground to catch tinsel balls.

OMG, purpledoggy, your cat (especially the 2cnd pic) looks exactly like my sister’s cat mittens! Unfortunately he passed away a few weeks ago, we think he got sick.
      So could you please give hobo a hug for me!!!
      I still need to post pics of my two newest additions…two crowntail bettas. I’ll see if I can’t get good pics of them tonight and post them up.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Azurielle
      Participant

Ooh! All the pretty kitties! i love Hobo’s coloring. here’s some of my little baby Suki! She’s a snowshoe siamese, and very much a spoiled princess. I’ve got a little black oriental boy too, named Mr. Jinx but the pics of him are on the other computer.

Keeper of the Fledgings

lamortefille
        Participant

Beautiful, azurielle! I love seeing pix of everyones’ babies.

she’s adorable. I love those kind of kitties. I like the whole milk mustache look they can have.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Jodi
          Participant

That’s a really cute kitty. She looks like she knows she’s a princess too. 😀 Such good poses.

So, here’s a question for people. Someone told me that 95% cinnamon/ginger/orange tabbies are male (just like 95% of calicos are female). I’ve done some research and can’t find anything really stating this is true or not, although I found a genetics table that seemed to suggest it. So my question is: Does anyone on the forum have or know someone who has a female orange-type tabby? Not a calico (my Claire Marie has some orange, but she’s a tabico), but a true tabby or tabby with white.

Elena
            Participant

emerald212 wrote:

That’s a really cute kitty. She looks like she knows she’s a princess too. 😀 Such good poses.

So, here’s a question for people. Someone told me that 95% cinnamon/ginger/orange tabbies are male (just like 95% of calicos are female). I’ve done some research and can’t find anything really stating this is true or not, although I found a genetics table that seemed to suggest it. So my question is: Does anyone on the forum have or know someone who has a female orange-type tabby? Not a calico (my Claire Marie has some orange, but she’s a tabico), but a true tabby or tabby with white.

I’ve seen several female Orange tabby cats go through our Humane society on their website, and according to them female oranges are rarer than males 😀

Purplecat
              Participant

My sweet Lydia kitty, she’s my precious!

Kashka, the royal queen of the house, and my husbands main fuzzy!

Cosmo, my son’s cat, and the household terror! lol

and Andromeda, our other baby!

Lizard pics!!!! Our beardies, Mushu, Kirby and Luna.

Kirby smiling for the camera!!!

lamortefille
                Participant

emerald212 wrote:

My sister has always had red tabbies. She had Rusty, Shawn and Moose – all males. She now has a brother/sister pair – Calvin (right) and Ginger (left).

Jodi
                  Participant

Thank you for the answers! Now I can tell that guy he is looney. 😀

I haven’t heard much about the orange tabby male/female ratios. The humane society here said that most orange tabbies are male. The calico one I’ve heard. That one’s true (large percent are female). I’ve only seen pics of male calicos (the pics show their jewels, that’s how I can tell) 😉

I’m not sure how true it is, but I’ve heard that most cats that are all white and have 2 blue eyes are usually deaf. That’s what the humane society here says too.

I love the beardies purplecat!!! It looks like they were surprised by the camera!

Jodi
                    Participant

That’s good to know that the Humane Society claims that too. I bet that’s where he got it. Interesting.

Purplecat
                      Participant

the dragon collector wrote:

I love the beardies purplecat!!! It looks like they were surprised by the camera!

THank you! She’s “venting” kindof a smiley thing they do to release heat, and when they’re happy.

pipsxlch
                        Participant

I have owned and known plenty of orange females. They are less common than red males, but I wouldn’t exactly call them rare. It’s all in where the genes coding for those colors (black or red) are on the chromosomes- they’re on the sex chromosomes, on one of the arms that the X has but that has been lost on the Y. So males only have 1 copy of the gene (and express it totally), while females have 2- and if they should have the genes for both black and red, voila- a tortoiseshell (or calico). That’s where the decidedly rare male tortoishell/calicos come from also- they have an extra X chromosome, or a segment of one. They are always sterile from what I’ve heard- makes sense with the trisomy.

SO for a female to be red, she has to have a red daddy and a red or tortoise/calico mom. A red male just needs a red or tortoise/calico mom.

(keep in mind that cream is dilute red and counts as red for this argument, and blue is dilute black)

keschete
                          Participant

pipsxlch wrote:

I have owned and known plenty of orange females. They are less common than red males, but I wouldn’t exactly call them rare. It’s all in where the genes coding for those colors (black or red) are on the chromosomes- they’re on the sex chromosomes, on one of the arms that the X has but that has been lost on the Y. So males only have 1 copy of the gene (and express it totally), while females have 2- and if they should have the genes for both black and red, voila- a tortoiseshell (or calico). That’s where the decidedly rare male tortoishell/calicos come from also- they have an extra X chromosome, or a segment of one. They are always sterile from what I’ve heard- makes sense with the trisomy.

SO for a female to be red, she has to have a red daddy and a red or tortoise/calico mom. A red male just needs a red or tortoise/calico mom.

(keep in mind that cream is dilute red and counts as red for this argument, and blue is dilute black)

Perfect answer. Example: My rescued female siamese had a weird patched tabby points.
                            She was siamese with blue eyes, but with weird patched tabby ears, feet, etc.
                            The feral tom that bred her before I rescued her was orange tabby with long hair.

All the kittens were female. one short haired orange female,
                            one long haired orange female, one patched tabby and one tortie.

For those who don’t know, a Patched Tabby is a Calico patterned cat with patches of black/blue, red/cream and white that are tabby striped. They are almost always females and
                            males are sterile…same genetic set up as a calico or a tortie.

Momma (adopted out) and Orange kitten

Chewy and Orange sister (adopted out)

Patched tabby

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 254 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.