fbpx

Pet Pics!! just for fun

Home Forums Miscellany Community Pet Pics!! just for fun

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

Cool Keschete, do sugar gliders smell at all? I’d love to get one (or a ferret but ferrets smell even with the glands removed) but I’m not even sure they’re allowed in Canada.

keschete
      Participant

Jasmine wrote:

Cool Keschete, do sugar gliders smell at all? I’d love to get one (or a ferret but ferrets smell even with the glands removed) but I’m not even sure they’re allowed in Canada.

Females are not too bad…not as bad as ferrets. Unneutered males are still not that bad…but I would recommend at least two…either a fixed male and female or two sisters.

They need a very specific diet, mine get fruits, veggies, whole wheat organic bread and very lean meat. They are not potty trainable.

I never planned on getting one, but was given the female because the vet knew I rehabbed wildlife. Then the male was in a horrible place and I bought him to save him. For me with a good diet…they were breeding like rats…so then I had to find an exotic vet in post hurricaine katrina New Orleans to stop it.

I would never give them away, but I would research a lot before getting one.

The hedgehogs need a very warm environment, but the eat high quality cat food, you can potty train them and they are completely adorable.

I know hedgehogs are allowed in Canada. I would recommend a Hedgie over a Sugar Glider, if you want an exotic and Hedgies do not have any odor if you keep them clean….

PM me if you want all the pros and cons!

Where can you get hedgehogs and sugar gliders?? I’ve never seen any where I live.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Jennifer
        Keymaster

the dragon collector wrote:

hYou would think the cat would change his mind about what to have for dinner..cat food or fresh bird..but nope these two are actually best buddies. 😆

Ooohhh be careful! Not many people realize it but even if your cat would never hurt your cockatiel, he can still kill it! The naturally occurring bacteria that live in a cat’s mouth and under the claws can be fatal to birds if they ingest any. Even if they get a tiny bit of cat saliva off of the food or by ‘preening’ the cat’s fur you can be in serious trouble. 🙁 I’ve seen lots of birds die this way.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Nah, my cat doesn’t even try to go after her. He got a chunk taken outta the tip of his nose the first time he got too close! Ever since then he ignores her.
          She doesn’t preen him, she just climbs on his back while he’s asleep, poops on him, and then goes to sleep herself. She doesn’t really eat his food, that was the only time she did that and I’m glad I got a pic of it. She grabbed a piece of his food, walked away with it and then forgot about it.
          She has free roam of the house for the most part, her cage stays open all the time and she goes in and comes out as she pleases. I’ve come home once and she was out, her and the cat were both sleeping on the same arm of the couch!!!

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

My sisters dogs.
          Bianca:

Bingo:

bianca reminds me of tramp off of lady and the tramp, just different colors and female. Very cute!!

Elena
          Participant

You can own sugar gliders, hedgehogs and ferrets in Canada. There are actually quite a few rescues around for them. I think the only restrictions are on things like monkeys and big cats or endangered animals. Rats I’m not so sure about.

Monkeys…lol. That reminds me of a joke that I heard on comedy central…ever guy wants a pet monkey. I’ve asked a lot of guys that I know if they want one and surprisingly they have all said “yes”, including my husband. Weird. 🙄

Andrea
            Participant

GB, I love your Halflingers! Beautiful expressions!

Fortune:

Frodo:

Heyu1 and Heyu2:

Silo:

Dragon (tabby) and Phoenix (calico)

That’s it for now… I’m trying to get Mike to agree on maybe a hedgehog or another mantis.

foxfeather wrote:

You can own sugar gliders, hedgehogs and ferrets in Canada. There are actually quite a few rescues around for them. I think the only restrictions are on things like monkeys and big cats or endangered animals. Rats I’m not so sure about.

I quoted the wrong one but, check your cities by-laws. In Kitchener we can’t own anything that is considered exotic! (Stupid thing was they were going to include fish in there. 🙄 )

Jasmine
              Participant

My two furbabies:

Tarma (who hates having her picture taken)

Loki (my evil cat of mischief, well not so evil, more just stupid 😆 )

Phoenix- All of yours are amazing!! Frodo is a cuttie pie!!
                Jasmine-Your kitties are cute too. Tarma looks like she doesn’t like her pic taken. 😆

Laurie
                Participant

This is my cat Hobo. He is the only pet I have but I used to have alot more. I had to find other homes for them when my husband got really sick.

Maebnus
                  Participant

Here’s Brago, a couple days after we brought him home. I thought we’d have to find him a new home once we got orders, but I was able to get him ready and he’s here with us. He’s my dog. He acts very much like one, with the added benefit of being litterbox trained. He’s a talker too (often unsolicited chatter, and I’m always greeted at the door with something that sounds like “mama”).

And this is my fishie. I haven’t named him yet… I think he might just end up being called Sashimi. I caught him myself at a cherry blossom festival a couple weekends ago. My first poi broke, but I got him with my 2nd one! I rule! (Though it doesn’t hurt if the person in front of you knows what they’re doing and you just copy them 😀 )

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 254 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.