fbpx

Pet Pics!! just for fun

Home Forums Miscellany Community Pet Pics!! just for fun

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 254 total)
  • Author

foxfeather- some of sam’s pics just gave me an impression that he sometimes would think he’s a lap dog. My parents have a huge golden retriever named Chance that thinks he’s a lap dog. A very big lap dog that is.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Leigha
    Participant

I want a Gerbil, but they’re illegal in California I’m told = I asked the petsmart lady why they carry the pamphlets for them but don’t ever carry the animal and they said it was illegal here. They’re supposed to be nicer than hamsters right?

hamsters are evil O.o

Emma, My furbaby, she’s half Himalayan, half Korat

She likes to sprawl out like this

My boys, Himalayan Littermates, Pooze (his real name is Caleb)(right) and Moke (Smokey)(left) are purebreds, used to stud, Pooze is Emma’s Dad

This is Pooze’s summer haircut, shaved like a lion, he loves the clippers, he weighs in at 19lbs AFTER the shaving! Such a beast!

My little Lion man

I also have a blue/purple crown betta, a tank full of fancy guppies and danios and a molly.

Stephanie
      Participant

Leigha wrote:

I want a Gerbil, but they’re illegal in California I’m told = I asked the petsmart lady why they carry the pamphlets for them but don’t ever carry the animal and they said it was illegal here. They’re supposed to be nicer than hamsters right?

hamsters are evil O.o

I have heard that petsmart got into trouble with P.E.T.A. over the gerbils… They were asked to stop carrying them.

Do a search on petsmart and PETA…

Leigha
        Participant

Serenity wrote:

Leigha wrote:

hamsters are evil O.o

I have heard that petsmart got into trouble with P.E.T.A. over the gerbils… They were asked to stop carrying them.

“It is illegal to purchase, import or keep a gerbil as a pet in the U.S. State of California.”

= pooey I want one.

enjoying the pics of everyone’s furbabies. Sadly, I haven’t owned any for way too many years. I guess I’m a little too selfish, I like the freedom to just suddenly go for a few days and not have to worry about someone to pet-sit, not have to worry about a dog being left alone at the house for 10+ hours, etc etc.

For now, I just get to occasionally enjoy the company of my brother’s dog, this is the only pic I have available at the moment, and it’s several years old. I think he was about 2 in the pic, sorry it’s so bad. meet Wyatt aka Wyatt Urp ( so named because he got soooo carsick on the way home when my bro bought him) He’s a Brittany, in case someone doesn’t recognize the breed.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

* The cats do not currently live with me, but I lived with them for several years. 🙂

Ozzy, the cranky maincoone:

Walter, the ‘fraidy cat (he is scared of everything. He thinks the ceiling fans are going to kill him- seriously)

Cosmos, the demented (he’s really pretty dumb I’m afraid- he was very sick when he was newborn so it’s possible his brains got fried) snowshoe lynx point:

I currently live with:

Jenna, the sweet but very weird siberian husky:

Siberian husky / German shepherd mix, Nikki (not photoed, poor Nik)

‘Da fishes:

Orphan, lutino pearl cockatiel:

zephyr, fawn/cinnamon cockatiel:

Khu, bronze wing pionus:

Gorbash, Maximillian Pionus:

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Stephanie
            Participant

Leigha wrote:

Serenity wrote:

Leigha wrote:

hamsters are evil O.o

“It is illegal to purchase, import or keep a gerbil as a pet in the U.S. State of California.”

= pooey I want one.

WOW! 😯

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Leigha wrote:

hamsters are evil O.o
                Why are gerbils illegal in California?

Elena
                Participant

the dragon collector wrote:

foxfeather- some of sam’s pics just gave me an impression that he sometimes would think he’s a lap dog. My parents have a huge golden retriever named Chance that thinks he’s a lap dog. A very big lap dog that is.

That is my sister’s dog Joy (aka Fruitfly cause she has no attention span 😛 ) an 80lb Yellow Lab!

Sam will lay his head in your lap, but if you try to pick him up he flips out

Love everyones babies!!! 😀 😀 😀

Leigha
                  Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Leigha wrote:

hamsters are evil O.o
                    Why are gerbils illegal in California?

I dunno! that’s a good thing to look up though…hmmm..gimme a moment…

Edit: “They are illegal to have as pets in California. Why? Gerbils do tolerate a wide range of temperatures and have very few natural diseases. Some people in agriculture feel that if they got loose and established feral colonies that they could really do a lot of damage to the California crops”

Maria
                    Participant

Quite the thread! (We have another one on the same topic floating around ehre somewhere, but I’m not going to go look for it.)

My horse, Nimitz, a Haflinger gelding

Mom’s horse, Arthos, also a Haflinger gelding and the biggest equine baby in the world

Our Shetland, Lady Sunshine, and two brothers, who can occasionally also count as pets

My dog, Beretta, carrying a stuffed Siberian Tiger, and the family dog, Arousca, who’s going to kick the bucket one of these fine days. She’s 13 or so now.

All of the cats are very cute and very pretty!!
                      GB-that’s a very pretty horse..they both are.
                      jenn-that husky is beautiful! I love those blue eyes that they have.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

BDW
                      Participant

Nice pictures everyone!

Jennifer I really like OzzY and the one you took of Walter. May I ask which camera you use? They are good quality pictures!

Bob

I ALWAYS thought a hamster was a Gerbil

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 254 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.