fbpx

Pebble Fennec Fox

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Pebble Fennec Fox

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

Melody, I remember you saying that a batch of Pebble Fennec Foxes were almost ready for the Windstone store, just waiting on the stickers for the bottom. Any news on the stickers? The fox is so adorable 🙂

Carolyn
      Participant

Squeek . I want one !

Melody
        Keymaster

Argh, yes. The pebble things are cast, and have been sitting here for months, but we ran into a snag with the stickers.
          To have die cut, custom stickers for each design would be insanely expensive and we would have to order so many that we would probably end up throwing a bunch out.
          Then we were going to have the bottoms etched with a laser, but that requires a jig to be made to hold each piece, and then we gotta transport them to the laser place. Then we were thinking about buying our own laser cutter, then that idea got complicated… anyway, as you can see, it all has gotten complicated. I want to just make a one-size-fits-all sticker and get on with it.

WolfenMachine
          Participant

What about a round one? like the size of a quarter or half dollar? It wouldn’t need to fit the piece exactly. Or what about a stamp like the first old green dragons?

dragonmedley
            Participant

Or what about a stamp like the first old green dragons?

I had the same thought. Since the piece is so small, a stamp would be enough, no?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Melody
              Keymaster

What about a round one? like the size of a quarter or half dollar? It wouldn’t need to fit the piece exactly. Or what about a stamp like the first old green dragons?

Yes, I wanted to use a simple round sticker. I don’t want to stamp them because I want to be free to paint the pebble cats any color, then we would need different inks.. eh.

etruscan
                Participant

Doesn’t Rusti do vinyl stuff? Maybe she could advise on the stickers.

Andrea
                  Participant

Can you carve it into the mold or put an insert in there that will cast the logo onto the piece?

It’s the seemingly simple things that hold you up!

Purplecat
                    Participant

I have to admit I ogled the bottom of the first pyo keeper with the bottom copyright inset in awe when I saw it. I’m guessing it’s not the easiest thing to do. I do love those sort of details though.

Any idea on what the pebble fennec and kitties pricing will be? I’m sorely low on funds lately..but really would like to save up and nab them when they become available, and it’d be wonderful to have an idea of how much I’ll be needing.

Skeeterdeee
                      Participant

In the meantime, will you make some more pebbles for eBay to tide us over? I’m super-excited for the little fox, but the one and only that was on eBay went really far out of my reach.
                        There are some good ideas on here on how to finish the bottoms! I’ll sit in the factory and hand draw Snerl on all the bottoms if you need me to! :bigsmile:

Lokie
                        Participant

Thanks for the update. The idea of a simple, round or oval one size fits all sticker sounds good 🙂 I’ll try to be patient. Yup, trying… =P

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.