fbpx

peacock's egg

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody peacock's egg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

:hi: Ms.Melody,I have a peacock hatchling and I noticed that the egg has a pearlescent finish to it.Is it the only egg with a finish like that?
        Thanx 😉

PurpleTurtle
        Participant

I’ve noticed that to – I think it’s because of the interference colors they used on the older Peacock dragons – kinda like a ‘spill over’ of that paticular paint. The peacock hatchling is one of my faves of that sculpt because of that 😀 .

Bodine
          Participant

purpleturtle wrote:

I’ve noticed that to – I think it’s because of the interference colors they used on the older Peacock dragons – kinda like a ‘spill over’ of that paticular paint. The peacock hatchling is one of my faves of that sculpt because of that 😀 .

Yes,makes it unique in it’s own way.It is very pretty in the sunlight.I think I want another one. 😀

Woah…so it’s not a goof up? I got mine recently from craigslist and it has that sorta shimmer on the egg white..I think it really makes the sculpt glow 😀

www.nakaseart.com

Bodine
            Participant

Nakase wrote:

Woah…so it’s not a goof up? I got mine recently from craigslist and it has that sorta shimmer on the egg white..I think it really makes the sculpt glow 😀

SURPRISE!! 😀

Melody
              Keymaster

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: Ms.Melody,I have a peacock hatchling and I noticed that the egg has a pearlescent finish to it.Is it the only egg with a finish like that?
                Thanx 😉

Yeah, that is overspray. It is intentionally painted that way. The interference paint that we used on the Peacock dragons only shows up well against black, it is almost invisible on light colors, so we hand paint the hatching dragon black, then airbrush the interference onto the dragon without masking the eggshell. For other colors, the dragon egg needs to be carefully masked or the dragon needs to be entirely hand painted. I really want to discontinue the hatching dragon!! It is a pain.

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

It’s to bad he’s such a pain to paint – he’s really cute. Not to mention not to expensive, but I imagine because he is so hard to paint, Windstone actually ‘loses’ out. I’m sure the Hatchling takes as much time to paint as the bigger dragons.

Bodine
                  Participant

How about some PYOs? squeek*

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

That’s agreat idea – but I don’t know if that would ever happen because the hatchling was a regular production sculpt :scratch: . I could think of some really cool ways to paint him, though…..

Bodine
                      Participant

I see.Well,we could hope for a little while 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.