fbpx

Peacock Hatchling Repair

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Peacock Hatchling Repair

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Phoegonix
    Participant

photo IMAG2156_zps2iju5hry.jpg

photo IMAG2157_zpsvwpswsuh.jpg

photo IMAG2158_zps5zr1xawa.jpg

photo IMAG2159_zps6mziohez.jpg

I bought this little guy on eBay for pretty cheap because he has a fair amount of damage – I’m going to try to make him good as new!

The damage to the rocks is not that worrying – there’s little detail in the rocks to match. His head spike is really the biggest problem.

photo IMG_20151219_094406_zpsdzdi6gac.jpg

photo IMG_20151219_094437_zpsmbvtfwoo.jpg

There’s still a chip on the head spike to the right, but I need this to set up before I tackle that. It’s much smaller anyway.

Celestial Rainstorm
      Participant

Wow! This poor fellow really took a beating, didn’t he? But you’re doing amazing fixing him up (what shenanigans DO Peacock hatchers get into? Mine has himself a little chip on his rock for no reason XD )

Finding happiness again.

Phoegonix
        Participant

I only paid about $15 including shipping, so I think I got a good deal, even with the repairs needed! But I bought him to practice repairs, it just so happens peacock is my favorite color scheme!

Dragoneer_88
          Participant

You did a great job sculpting the spine scale/spike. What kind of sculpting material did you use?

Phoegonix
            Participant

At the suggestion from this forum, I used Apoxie Sculpt. It was a bit of a learning curve, because I’m used to GreenStuff from my miniature wargaming days, and you really do need to let it sit after you mix it for at least 5 minutes before you start using it. Still, I like how it isn’t too hard to work with after 10 minutes, and I’m sure I will learn to be better with it. I can really see the advantages if I ever need to do a larger repair – if I need to do a lot of detailing, it will be a godsend.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.