fbpx

Paypal Question

Home Forums Miscellany Community Paypal Question

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    littleironhorse
    Participant

I’ve opened a Paypal claim on the grounds of an item not being as described.

Today, I’ve received and email from Paypal saying that the seller had replied to my claim, but I can’t see her comments on the claim form. I’m only seeing my own comments. Shouldn’t I be able to see her reply? Or is this normal?

PS: Nothing to do with anyone here and not a Windstone item, but I thought some of you might know the process…

Ela_Hara
      Participant

When you go to the Claim in the resolution center and click on it, there should be an area under the item description that can be expanded to show the series/history of everyone’s comments.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

littleironhorse
        Participant

Hmmm, it only shows my comments, not the seller’s comments.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

You should have the Case information at the top of the screen – basically why you have opened the case – then under that the description of the eBay item/auction.

I looked at one of my ‘closed’ cases, so yours may say something a little different, but under the item description w/photo of the item there is a heading entitled “Here’s What Happened” and it will default to the last one or two comments within the case’s timeline. Under those couple comments should be a link entitled “Show more” – click that link and the comments/timeline should expand to include all the comments from the opening of the case to the last item entered. On mine, I do see what the seller commented, which also came to me via eBay/email to my account.

If you still don’t see any comments from the Seller, I’m not sure if you can click on a inquiry link or you might need to call someone at PayPal on the phone.

Of course, my case was from an eBay sale. If yours was a private sale not through email but made directly, it might work differently.

littleironhorse
            Participant

Very strange… My case is from an eBay sale as well, but my display is completely different from what you’re describing.

I’ve tried all the links on the claim details page and I still can’t see the seller’s reply. I’ll try contacting Paypal tomorrow.

Thanks Ela!

jmoore
              Participant

It’s possible you’re on the “new” PayPal site and maybe it doesn’t show as much as the “Classic” site? There should be a link at the very bottom of the page that will let you switch to “Classic site” and try it.

But calling PayPal might be your best bet.

littleironhorse
                Participant

Update: Just spoke to a Paypal rep, apparently once a claim is escalated to a dispute and the investigation is in Paypal’s hands the comments from the other party become invisible, only the “pre-dispute” comments stay visible. I was told I was guaranteed a refund because of the buyer protection program, but what remains to be seen is if I’ll have to return the item. Hopefully not since then I’ll be stuck with the return fee and nothing to show for it…

Kiera
                  Participant

Update: Just spoke to a Paypal rep, apparently once a claim is escalated to a dispute and the investigation is in Paypal’s hands the comments from the other party become invisible, only the “pre-dispute” comments stay visible. I was told I was guaranteed a refund because of the buyer protection program, but what remains to be seen is if I’ll have to return the item. Hopefully not since then I’ll be stuck with the return fee and nothing to show for it…

If you have to return the item, THE SELLER PAYS THE RETURN SHIPPING. I’ve never had to go through this process, but from what I understand, the seller has to pay for and then send you a return shipping label. Someone back me up here? Just make sure you take lots of pictures of the item as you box it up to prove you did your due diligence in case the seller claims the item never arrived or arrived broken.

littleironhorse
                    Participant

Well, well, well… Very interesting development!

The ruling was in my favour, so I was guaranteed refund upon return of the item. However, as I suspected, shipping was at my expense. So I called paypal and asked why I should be penalized when it was the seller who was in the wrong, so they offered to credit the shipping fee to my account!

Just goes to show, you’ll never get anything if you don’t ask! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Congrats on a favorable ruling! ๐Ÿ™‚

littleironhorse
                        Participant

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.