Paypal Problems!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Paypal Problems!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

So… I have a story for you guys JUST IN CASE it happens to you!

As we all know Paypal is pretty popular, especially when you are a Windstone connoisseur due to the payment systems through the online store, ebay, and in general if you’ve been around the forum for any number of years it was one of the 1st online payment portals that sort of monopolized the industry back in the day (before venmo, cash app, google pay, etc) So if you are a creature of habit and don’t like change, chances are excellent most of us here still favor Paypal as one of the easiest ways for us to buy, sell, trade, etc. for our Windstone addiction.

That being said, I was completely caught off guard when (with ZERO WARNING) I got an email from Paypal saying I was permanently suspended and my funds in my balance were locked. No “pending an investigation of a suspicious transaction” or anything like that. Just BOOM, You are banned PERMANEMTLY! No explanation, no way to appeal, nothing. I had literally just sent a payment only hours earlier to a forum member with zero problems.

At first I thought this was spam. I logged onto my Paypal and there it was, a notification repeating the same message. Banned permanently, with a big red exclamation point heading that read “You can’t use Paypal anymore!” followed by legal jargon about how to protect the users on Paypal it has been decided that I was too high of a risk to be allowed to have an account with them. Any bank of credit card information linked to the account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account.

I literally have a squeaky clean record with Paypal. Nothing filed against me ever and I’ve had very few resolutions myself I have had to file against others in the 19 years I’ve had Paypal. Maybe 6 to 8 times did I have to file a complaint against someone else (mostly ebay stuff I got stiffed on or me being dumb and buying something off a Facebook ad that was clearly a scam) but the point was, I am nothing that should warrant the category “high risk”

So 1st thing was I called Paypal. Waste of time. Got absolutely nowhere. They wouldn’t tell me why or what triggered the action. Just that they were sorry and as a private company they reserve the right to deactivate any account for any reason they see fit. Escalated to a supervisor who was honestly, very snarky with me and said the same thing like reading off a script. No matter how I pleaded they just kept saying the decision was final and thanks for using Paypal. Frustrated I slammed down the phone. Called again and got the same runaround again with different agents.

I vented my frustration with a forum friend and she actually linked me to some pages on Reddit that had the emails for the CEO and the executive office. This has been happening A LOT recently to many Paypal customers! I spammed every email on the list about 3 times a day for 2 days and heard nothing. I started freaking out, because I started realizing just how much of my life is ingrained in Paypal. Windstones, my repairs, buying and trading with forum members, my Netflix and other subscriptions, preorders on websites, etc. I was sick with anxiety. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because Paypal wouldn’t even TALK to me.

In the mean time my boyfriend actually got a live person on Twitter to investigate it and the next day I got a message “You’re Paypal is restored!” I got a long email from someone in the Executive Department apologizing for the error and they reinstated my account. Apparently somehow an automated algorithm flagged my account as an out of country business and that triggered an automated response from their servers to shut me down. They apologized pretty profusely so I felt very relieved that I was cleared of any wrong doing. I asked if I could do something differently to avoid this happening again and she said it’s literally a freak thing that happens and nothing at all wrong I did so… I guess no way to control it if it happens but if it does happen THIS is how I got it rectified. Took a few days but they did fix it and I am SO RELIEVED!

I just wanted to share the story in case it happens randomly to anyone else. I imagine we all have similar Paypal exchanges with forum members and who knows who else this could happen to.

The email that got things fixed for me was executiveoffice (at) paypal (dot) com

If this happens to anyone of you guys don’t panic like I did! LOL! There is a way to fix it!

Funny thing is it showed me how to restore my account on Paypal’s Help by going to the resolution center and clicking a link to “restore your account” however when I did I just got that same page with the big red exclamation point again saying “You can’t use Paypal anymore” where in the Help screen is should have brought me to an “appeal the decision” page, but that was completely nonexistent. So… that was my fun the past few days. *sigh*

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Gah! Double Post! Sorry >_<

Got a busted Windstone?
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Natasha
        Participant

Yuck! That’s stressful and awful. Thanks for the head’s up to save us the panic if it comes down like that on us!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
          ANY Red Eyed Unis
          ANY Test Paint Bat
          UNIS:
          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
          Male- Snow Leopard TP
          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
          Mother: Okapi
          Gothic - Mahogany
          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

fatalbeauty
          Participant

o.O well glad you were able to get it all fixed…so weird how they wouldn’t tell you why when you called though, seems like something they would be able to say even though it was wrong then you could’ve corrected them….very odd, favorited this just in case…..

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Nope they wouldn’t tell me a thing which made me fearful that I had been flagged for something very illicit. Why else would they not tell me what happened unless they were legally not allowed to discuss it with me? So thinking of this or any implications they thought I was guilty of made me very nervous! They said I violated a certain prevision of their legal agreement and when I read into it, it was all about foreign transactions. I dug around all over Paypal and in the help area all I could find is a “recommended for Amanda” Help with was

“how to restore your account” that led me right back into the “You can’t Use Paypal Anymore” Screen

but there was one other thing the recommended help for me which was a link for common IRS questions linking specifically to a FATCA agreement. I had no idea what that was so I googled it and found this…

FATCA requires certain U.S. taxpayers who hold foreign financial assets with an aggregate value of more than the reporting threshold (at least $50,000) to report information about those assets on Form 8938, which must be attached to the taxpayer’s annual income tax return

So as I mentioned before, they somehow thought I was running a out of the country business. Or at least their automated algorithm did. I receive payments from Canada once in a while for repairs, but that’s it. And certainly no where even close to the realm of $50K a year! No idea what on earth my account had flagged for specifically. Maybe I have a swiss bank account somewhere full of millions I don’t know about! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Thanks for this information! I’m an avid PayPal user as well especially since I refuse to bank online with all the scams, dark web activity and company breaches now days. In fact, a little before I retire at the end of this year I’m going to delete all social media accounts and unneeded store accounts (FB, LinkedIn, eBags, BOX, etc.) to have less of a digital footprint to avoid all the breaches and crap as much as possible. I actually plan on deleting my Twitter today!

I’ll bookmark this topic thread as a ‘favorite’ so I can get to it quickly if I need to. Thanks drag0n!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.