fbpx

Paypal Holding funds for an ebay sale??

Home Forums Miscellany Community Paypal Holding funds for an ebay sale??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Rusti
    Participant

Is this something new that I totally missed the news on? Paypal is holding funds for the dragon I sold for 21 days or until either the buyer leaves me positive feedback or they confirm the item was delivered via a tracking number from FedEx, UPS, USPS or whatever other service used.

I think if this is going to be the case I’m just going to stop selling on ebay altogether. That’s just absurd.

Rusti
      Participant

Angie
        Participant

Wow, eBay/Paypal have been making a lot of irritating decisions lately, but I hadn’t heard of this one yet. I looked it up and found this:

Quote:

The reason paypal is changing the way they send money is to protect sellers. There are a few reasons paypal will hold your funds for 21 days. They will not hold your funds if:

1. You have been an eBay member for 6 months or more, and:

2. Your total Feedback score is 100 or greater, and

3. Your buyer dis-satisfaction percentage is less than 5%.

OR

1.Your average DSR is 4.5 or greater and

2. You have received 20 or more DSRs in the last 12 months

I’m going to look and see if I can find an official announcement somewhere…

EDIT: Just found some more info here on eBay’s site

Rusti
          Participant

My feedback is at 85, but the rating is 100%. It’s just frustrating that as a seller I have all these roadblocks (what if I needed that payment right now so I’m able to pay to ship the item?) and no protection and the buyer has it all. I’ve been on both sides of the fence on a regular basis and I have to admit, it’s super lopsided the way ebay has become.

Angie
            Participant

Rusti wrote:

My feedback is at 85, but the rating is 100%. It’s just frustrating that as a seller I have all these roadblocks (what if I needed that payment right now so I’m able to pay to ship the item?) and no protection and the buyer has it all. I’ve been on both sides of the fence on a regular basis and I have to admit, it’s super lopsided the way ebay has become.

I know how you feel – I feel like eBay’s been going downhill ever since they took over Paypal. They make everything so hard for sellers, especially if you’re not a power seller. I wish there was an alternative that was as well-known as eBay…I’d leave in a heartbeat.

BDW
              Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฎ And to think I was afraid to sell on eBay before…now I don’t want to even try! :nea:
                ๐Ÿ˜ก It gives to much power to the bad buyers…heck I’m always a buyer on eBay and don’t like what they are doing to sellers.
                Sorry I have trusting issues. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Adaneth
                Participant

I very rarely sell on eBay, now between the fees and the rules, I’m not sure I even want to try. :nea:

(Can’t seem to fix my buying addiction, however! ๐Ÿ˜ณ )

BDW
                  Participant

Adaneth wrote:

(Can’t seem to fix my buying addiction, however! ๐Ÿ˜ณ )
                    Oh I so understand! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Rusti
                    Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

๐Ÿ˜ฎ And to think I was afraid to sell on eBay before…now I don’t want to even try! :nea:
                      ๐Ÿ˜ก It gives to much power to the bad buyers…heck I’m always a buyer on eBay and don’t like what they are doing to sellers.
                      Sorry I have trusting issues. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

What bothers me is that when you order from a retailer online, your funds don’t go into some ‘escrow’ where they’re ‘held’ by a third party while the retailer gets around to shipping to you. The retailer gets your money. And if something goes wrong, you take it up with them, or the credit card company to get your money back.

I sold the dragon, but the buyer is going to get their dragon now at least three days before I get my money. And I kind of needed it by the end of the week for bills. That’s incredibly stupid and irritates the daylights out of me. It makes me want to swear like a sailor.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

The change was actually made months ago. I’m sorry that you’ve only just now heard about it. I could have sworn I posted about it when I first found out about it on ebay.

Rusti
                        Participant

I must’ve just overlooked it then. This is the first time I’ve sold something on ebay in a few months.

Maria
                          Participant

That sounds annoying. I was thinking of ebaying a couple of my remaining curlies but I’ll reconsider that now too.

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

Once you have 100 feedback this shouldn’t be an issue and it’s my understanding they aren’t supposed to keep the funds on every ebay purchase, just certain ones. I guess your dragon must have hit a certain value to get hit with the held funds. I’m fortunate that I happened to get the 100 feedback (plus a few) just before this went into effect. At 85, you aren’t too far away from it yourself (and it doesn’t matter for the 100 if it is buying or selling). If you do sell try to do what you can to get good DSRs (when a buyer decides to leave them that is). It irks me that even when I only charge what I get charged from the post office (or UPS) that I still get dinged on shipping and handling charges. Heck I’ve seen people who offer FREE S&H get dinged on it too.

Rusti
                              Participant

I had a BIN of $100. Someone went for BIN, since I’m at 85 (and I should have over 100, but with folks not leaving feedback, that’s neither here nor there) and it was right at $100, they got me.

Pegasi1978
                                Participant

Oh I hear you about folks not leaving feedback. ๐Ÿ˜ก I always leave feedback. If the same had been done for me, then I would have closer to 160 than the 110 I have.

I didn’t realize the money limit was so low for the held funds. I’m not too happy with the changes ebay has made lately (removing the sellers ability to leave a negative and/or a neutral, forcing people to only use paypal, et cetera). They’ve made it unbalanced now favoring the buyer. I’ll still sell occasionally (and buy of course), but not a frequently as I did before.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.