fbpx

pay it forward

Home Forums Miscellany Community pay it forward

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

hi,someone dear to me said I should put up a topic.I thought of,pay-it-forward.What a fantastic idea.I hope we all try to practice this.
    I owe someone and I plan on paying it forward instead of back to her,{her idea.}Maybe some volunteer work.Anyone have ideas or things you have done to pay-it-forward or has been done for you?

purpledragonclaw
    Participant

I’ve never heard of pay it forward. What is it?

Bodine
      Participant

Someone does something good for you,unasked for,and you in turn,do something good for someone else,and then they do,and so on and so on.Good deeds are done everyday this way and we hope it will catch on more and more.This is a good thing and it will warm your heart and theirs. 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

BDW
        Participant

I got some much needed help from someone once and in turn I gave my services free for a period of 4 months to a woman that had cancer and was undergoing treatment. Results she couldn’t take care of her store so I did it for her. She is now doing well. 🙂

Starbreeze
          Participant

It’s a great idea. I think a lot of us practice it without even realizing it. Someone does something nice for you, perhaps just a stranger opening a door for you when your hands are full, and the next time you see someone that needs a hand, you do the same. Or traffic is heavy and you’re having a hard time get out onto the main road, but a car stops and lets you in and you do the same for another driver later. It would be so nice if everyone did things like that all the time.

Nice topic dragonfriend. :yes:

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

starbreeze wrote:

It’s a great idea. I think a lot of us practice it without even realizing it. Someone does something nice for you, perhaps just a stranger opening a door for you when your hands are full, and the next time you see someone that needs a hand, you do the same. Or traffic is heavy and you’re having a hard time get out onto the main road, but a car stops and lets you in and you do the same for another driver later. It would be so nice if everyone did things like that all the time.

Nice topic dragonfriend. :yes:

I do things like that all the time. My logic is “treat others the way I myself want to be treated.”

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Very well said! It’s what we’re teaching our boys… (or trying at least)

twindragonsmum

tdm

There is a movie by that name which is based on a true story. Everybody should rent it if they haven’t already seen it. It was about a boy who believed you could make the world a better place by doing a good deed for 3 people, and tell them each to “pay it forward” by each doing a good deed for 3 more people each, and although this kid thought he had personally failed at his expiriment, it caught on all over the country in ways that he didn’t realize.

Laurie
                Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

twindragonsmum

You have great boys. 😀 Don’t you pick on my younguns. :spank:

Bodine
                  Participant

49ER wrote:

There is a movie by that name which is based on a true story. Everybody should rent it if they haven’t already seen it. It was about a boy who believed you could make the world a better place by doing a good deed for 3 people, and tell them each to “pay it forward” by each doing a good deed for 3 more people each, and although this kid thought he had personally failed at his expiriment, it caught on all over the country in ways that he didn’t realize.

Very good movie,a little teary eyed.
                    An EXCELLENT concept to live by 8)

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Laurie wrote:

twindragonsmum wrote:

twindragonsmum

You have great boys. 😀 Don’t you pick on my younguns. :spank:

thankies! 😳 (they came that way…)

twindragonsmum

tdm

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

What a very nice topic! 🙂 I see this happen on this forum at lot–someone is down and all sorts of people post encouraging messages. Someone has trouble making ends meet and there is a special raffle to raise money. It’s good to see that people care and when you do something nice for someone and they pass it on, we pass on good karma! It would be nice if this went round and round until there will not be a soul left that can say that no one ever showed them any kindness! :yes:

Bodine
                        Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

What a very nice topic! 🙂 I see this happen on this forum at lot–someone is down and all sorts of people post encouraging messages. Someone has trouble making ends meet and there is a special raffle to raise money. It’s good to see that people care and when you do something nice for someone and they pass it on, we pass on good karma! It would be nice if this went round and round until there will not be a soul left that can say that no one ever showed them any kindness! :yes:

AMEN :yes:

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

LadyFirebird wrote:

AMEN :yes:

Double ditto on that!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.