fbpx

Painting Projects

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Painting Projects

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Azaziel
    Participant

I just started inkling for painting pyos, so i picked up a few non windstones and trying my hand at painting before i tackle a windstone piece. heres the first one. i picked it up at hobby lobby and wanted to paint it. not sure if it was meant to be painted, the shell ended up with a few paint streaks.. but for my first time i think it turned out really well 🙂 included before and after photo.

Aza- a.k.a Rosalynne on Windstone Official Forum Group

Charlotte
      Participant

The streakiness on the shell is kind of nice, in my opinion. It makes it look almost marbled.

FYI for future works: I’ve never needed to prime a Windstone, but on non-Windstone models I find that using a primer first helps prevent uneven color by providing a consistent basecoat. I like spray primers intended for miniatures, like Army Painter spray primer, which you can find easily online or at hobby shops. They tend to run around $15 a can and last a good while.

Seeking broken Windstone critters for restoration practice, any type, any condition!

Azaziel
        Participant

i like the streaks too, looks watery. but yes primer. i’ll have to get some for other non-windstone projects. 🙂 though my next one is a windstone so glad i dont need a primer for that hehe

Aza- a.k.a Rosalynne on Windstone Official Forum Group

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.