Paint Method Idea

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Paint Method Idea

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    icewing726
    Participant

I’m a collector and only have a few spots I still need to fill to feel complete but I just had a thought that I wanted to toss out there after reading some posts in the did you own me thread. There are paints out there that go on clear but react differently under black lights. While I don’t imagine many people have black light display cases, I do have a case that utilizes LED strips that have a color change option. Maybe you all could find some combinations where under certain lighting conditions (red, green, blue) different patterns shine through.

Just a random thought.

dragonmedley
      Participant

The Chukar poad of eBay has a white line on her back, with was painted with glow in the dark paint. You only see it when the light goes out.

I’m imagining an entire shelf of sculpts with random parts shining in the dark just after you turn off the display light…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

StormDancer
        Participant

Ohh maybe some of the Halloween GB kitties might have some glow in the dark paint!

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

icewing726
          Participant

I’m no artist and I’ve not given too much thought to the idea but I am a big fan of ambient lighting. I lined my whole office with dropped crown molding and put leds in them that slowly shift from red to green to blue. I’ve noticed that some of the paint on the dragons reacts under certain light and thought it might be cool if those effects could be intentionally harnessed. Maybe hide runes or scale accents on them.

If you haven’t tried it yet, you might take a look at some of the pieces you already have under different lighting.

Melody
            Keymaster

I tried that, but it isn’t very effective. You need to apply so much paint to make it work that it looks weird.

StormDancer
              Participant

Ah true, I hadn’t thought about that!

Looking for:
                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.