Packing Lap Dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Packing Lap Dragons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

Hello! Does anyone else ever have trouble getting the lap dragons to fit in their boxes? It’s difficult to get the lap dragon inserted just right so that the top insert isn’t sticking up and preventing the box from closing, and I’m always worried about breaking the horns on the dragon. Does anyone have any good tips? Thanks!!!

Heather
      Participant

I’ve run into this too. I usually make sure I have the dragon in its bag (the bag makes it easier for the dragon to “settle” in the box). I set it in the box, try the top insert, and if it doesn’t fit, then I adjust the dragon slightly and try again. It can take some fiddling around to get it to finally fit. The Lap always wants to lie more on its back than any of the other sculpts, and that often fools me too. One of these years I’ll remember to take a photo of a Lap in its box, to remind me of how keeled-over they are when positioned properly. :p

Aaron
        Participant

Thanks for your reply! I have to move them around as well, and it always worries me that I’m going to bump a horn and break it off or something!

Heather
          Participant

I know what you mean! My Ruby Lap was an eBay find, and unfortunately her original box and inserts were long gone. The seller really tried to pack her well, but he was used to packing glass vases and didn’t realize that packing a heavy Windstone requires a different approach. The poor Lap bounced on her horns en route and arrived with the top of her head sheared off! I glued her back together and she looks quite decent, but I have yet to finish patching the tiny remaining gap and fixing her paint.

These Laps, always trying to do gymnastics . . . . :~

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.