fbpx

Our “One Per Customer” limit on orders

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Our “One Per Customer” limit on orders

• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Sorn.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

One Per Customer Only, Please!

When we have a large demand for an item that we don’t have a large quantity of, we limit orders of that item to “One Per Customer” so that as many people as possible have an opportunity to purchase that item. We want to be able to make as many different collectors as possible happy!

When an item is limited like this, we put the phrase “One Per Customer” in the product description and when an order is placed for this item, our shopping cart will allow the purchase of only one of the item.

Our definition of this phrase “one per customer” is simply that each customer may only buy one. If you are paying for one, no matter to whom or where it is being shipped, you have purchased one. You may not purchase another. If a family member also wants to purchase one, they must order and pay for their own item with a different credit card or paypal account. There are times when we limit even further, to “One Per Household”, which we would state in the item description, and in those cases everyone in your home will enjoy looking at a shared purchase. There are also times when we discover that we have plenty of an item and we lift the One Per Customer limit after a day or so.

We thank you for respecting and following our One Per Customer rule! We appreciate it when everyone is considerate of everyone else and of our company. By complying with our request to limit yourself to just one, you are enabling your Windstone Community friends to acquire the items that they love too, and you are relieving us of the unpleasant task of canceling an order for an “extra helping”. Thank you!

Scathach
      Participant

Thank you for clarifying this for everyone. It’s very fair.

Life is beautiful.

Lynne
        Participant

In spite of these limits, I have found due to the primitive internet service I have, by the time emails announcing new limited items get to my inbox and since I might not see these emails for a couple of hours after they arrive, I have not been able to order anything for over a year. These things sell out so fast that folks in my situation don’t stand a chance of participating. I have no idea of what the sets the limits on the size of a particular project, but since new items are selling out so fast, is it worth looking into increasing the quantity of new items?

Agilemom

Kyla
          Participant

I am so glad that you all do this and I wish more companies would, so it can be fair. I love the PYO’s and it is my therapy. I love the PYO community, so respectful and creative peeps. Thank you!!!

With Luv,
            Ky-

Ela_Hara
            Participant

In spite of these limits, I have found due to the primitive internet service I have, by the time emails announcing new limited items get to my inbox and since I might not see these emails for a couple of hours after they arrive, I have not been able to order anything for over a year. These things sell out so fast that folks in my situation don’t stand a chance of participating. I have no idea of what the sets the limits on the size of a particular project, but since new items are selling out so fast, is it worth looking into increasing the quantity of new items?

Perhaps some Windstone FB group or forum member friends can send you an email or text alert if they receive the announcement email to give you a heads up? I know several members do that for each other.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Susie
              Keymaster

Since the next grab bag for the Standing Hippogriff Colts is coming up, I thought I’d let you know that it will be One Per Customer (each person may only buy one) and we hope that everyone respects this rule so that everyone can get one! The grab bag will be announced with an email. Its not happening today, July 8th. 😉

Please do not use auto-refreshers on our website and refrain from refreshing a zillion times to see when it comes out – stalk your email instead! You can use the auto-refresher on it! Auto-refreshers and people pressing refresh over and over slow our site down and cause problems which cause it to be harder to place your order. Thank you!

Susie
                Keymaster

Lynne – We are now making larger batches when ever we can do so! I hope you have better luck getting the items that you are waiting for. Ela_Hara’s got a good idea though – arrange for someone with fast internet to join the waitlists for things (and to receive the emailed newsletter/announcements) – and then have them give you a telephone call when an item you are waiting for becomes available. If you don’t know anyone who can do that for you, ask on this forum or on the FaceBook Fan club page. I believe that someone will help you out.

Traci
                  Participant

Thank you for the clarification; totally understandable.

Loved ya’ll since my teen years!

ArdentAnnie

pcsoccer
                    Participant

Thank you for clarifying this for everyone. It’s very fair.

Yes seems like a good idea

Jennifer Johnson
                      Participant

I am new to the forum and i wanted to see if i could figure out how to use it. I promise not to spam messages. This is just a test. Thanks.

Thank you!

Chris B
                        Participant

test

illusion75
                          Participant

Thanks so much!

Tumeria
                            Participant

Totally think this is fair. The only small issue I have encountered was when trying to buy a PYO for myself but trying to send it to someone else to be painted on commission. Twice now, it wouldn’t allow me to ship it to the painter. (I suspect others also tried to send to the same painter). Had to send it to myself and then forward it to that person. Not that big of a deal but had to pay twice the shipping costs.

Sorn
                              Participant

Thank you for clarifying.

May your days be blessed with shade and sweet water. ~ElfQuest

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.