fbpx

OUR NEWEST ADOPTED ADDITION..MINI

Home Forums Miscellany Community OUR NEWEST ADOPTED ADDITION..MINI

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

mmloda wrote:

Adaneth wrote:

Me again. 😳 I just remembered something–do you give your turtles cuttlebone for calcium for their shells? It might do this poor guy some good, since you say his shell is soft and growing turtles sure need calcium!

:scratch: By cuddlebone you mean the kind that you would get for a bird…? if so than no I don’t have a cuddlebone for him but I did but this white looking turtle ( i dunno what its called) to put in his water..I was told that will give him calcium and help his shell… πŸ˜‰

That’ll work too! I hope the little guy gets better! πŸ™‚

Skigod377
      Participant

Very cute Mmloda. I wanted to get a turtle for Justin, but somewhere on this forum is a topic for turtles and how much work they are, space they need, etc. Hmmm… maybe that was a goldfish topic… I dont remember, but I decided against it. I hope he does well. He looks adorable!

Jasmine
        Participant

He’s cute.

Mmloda
          Participant

Thank everyone…MINI is actually doing alot better…he’s swimmng and I think I saw him trying to eat earlier today… πŸ™‚ I’m just glad that he’s not sleeping all day, like he was when we first got him… πŸ™‚

And Ski, Turtles are alot of work, they do grow quite a bit so they need bigger tanks and the other two that I have currently, I’ve had them for at least 15 years now and they no longer live in a tank, I just can’t find one big enough at any pet store… 😈 so they roam the house and we put them in the bath tub full of water every night so they can swim, do thir buisness.. πŸ˜€ and eat.
            Our two big guys or gals… πŸ˜€ also lay eggs twice a year but there are no baby turtles in them becasue we just don’t have the conditions that the eggs woudl need to actually have a turtle in them… πŸ˜€ so…..usually they get eaten by the turtles. 😳

Marzena

Katherine
            Participant

Oh, wow, I am so glad he is doing better!! I wouldn’t mind hanging out with you and your turtles! πŸ˜‰

Stephanie
              Participant

I’m glad you took him in, and that he’s doing better. πŸ™‚

Skigod377
                Participant

mmloda wrote:

Thank everyone…MINI is actually doing alot better…he’s swimmng and I think I saw him trying to eat earlier today… πŸ™‚ I’m just glad that he’s not sleeping all day, like he was when we first got him… πŸ™‚

And Ski, Turtles are alot of work, they do grow quite a bit so they need bigger tanks and the other two that I have currently, I’ve had them for at least 15 years now and they no longer live in a tank, I just can’t find one big enough at any pet store… 😈 so they roam the house and we put them in the bath tub full of water every night so they can swim, do thir buisness.. πŸ˜€ and eat.
                  Our two big guys or gals… πŸ˜€ also lay eggs twice a year but there are no baby turtles in them becasue we just don’t have the conditions that the eggs woudl need to actually have a turtle in them… πŸ˜€ so…..usually they get eaten by the turtles. 😳 Very cool. I knew another lady who had a tortoise. He had a whole back yard to himself. That was kinda cool, but I think she had him illigally… I was little so I dont remember. She raised peacocks, too. Noisy suckers. Glad to hear he is moving around more!

Maria
                  Participant

He’s a pretty little guy. I’m glad he’s doing well.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.