fbpx

Oriental Dragon – Amethyst

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Oriental Dragon – Amethyst

• This topic has 31 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by Syn.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Already gone!?! WTH! I had one in my cart and it was gone πŸ˜₯

I think you are probably more ticked than me. I really think they should fix that because people who do paypal versus say, money orders, take longer to check out. And if there are two members checking out at the same time, say the one has dial-up, it will take them longer to get to the paypal site, sign in, and review the purchase and the other member if they has a faster net, they will be done by then. I don’t see how that is good business. Maybe next time you should check out with a money order so you are checked out, then ask if Susie can send you an invoice for paypal since it seems to take longer for some of us to check out with paypal than others. **ranting, and just a thought**

EDIT: Note from Windstone Staff: PLEASE don’t do this (check out as a money order then ask to switch to paypal) as it generates a lot more work for poor Susie.

Sbianchi
    Participant

I missed them also! I kept checking but it’s 3 hrs different time zone, the Male Dragon was still there when I was on last night when the Pen’s game came on and I didn’t even get to watch all of that. πŸ˜₯ (had to get the heating pad on my back)

WolfenMachine
      Participant

Oh no! I missed this guy too. If something other than a mother dragon comes out next in Amethyst, can someone PLEASE please get me one-if they can? Or maybe if someone doesn’t want one, they could get me one, and I’ll buy it from you. OMG. He’s so beautiful! I hope Melody makes more soon.

Travistie
        Participant

sbianchi wrote:

I missed them also! I kept checking but it’s 3 hrs different time zone, the Male Dragon was still there when I was on last night when the Pen’s game came on and I didn’t even get to watch all of that. πŸ˜₯ (had to get the heating pad on my back)

I watched that game too! Quite a game eh? I’m from Pittsburgh, so am pulling for the Pens to win the cup this time.

Back on topic though.. I missed these dragons too. I really wanted one, but had no internet because of my recent move. I finally have it today though. Frickin figures. πŸ™„

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Hi guys!

Just so you know, online cart systems work in a way that it doesn’t ‘remove’ an item for sale until it is paid for.

This is not a glitch!! Think about it this way.
            I put item A into my cart, and get ready to check out, but never actually complete my transaction and pay for the item.
            I then forget about the item, or decide I can’t afford it, or don’t want it, and browse away from the page.
            Of course this item hasn’t actually been purchased– I didn’t pay for it. So the cart doesn’t mark it as ‘sold’ yet. That item is still for sale until someone pays for it. Even if it takes .3 seconds or 3 weeks, it goes to the person that pays, first. Sadly this can mean you don’t get an item in your cart if someone else is a bit faster in clicking that ‘complete transaction’ button.

This is why you can have an item in your cart, but it’s not YOURS till you pay for it. There is no way for them to ‘fix’ this– or they’d be holding onto items in people’s carts indefinitely if they didn’t actually pay for it. That’s not fair to anyone!

I know you are frustrated at not getting your Windstone, and I understand. πŸ™ But the cart system isn’t a glitch, please understand. ‘First paid first served’ is the only real way of having an online cart system set up.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
            Keymaster

kenziesmommy663 wrote:

Maybe next time you should check out with a money order so you are checked out, then ask if Susie can send you an invoice for paypal since it seems to take longer for some of us to check out with paypal than others. **ranting, and just a thought**

Again, I know some of you are upset at missing these. I am really sorry! But please don’t do this!! It just creates a lot more work for Susie, and she is already handling a ton of stuff.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Sbianchi
              Participant

travistie wrote:

sbianchi wrote:

I watched that game too! Quite a game eh? I’m from Pittsburgh, so am pulling for the Pens to win the cup this time.

Back on topic though.. I missed these dragons too. I really wanted one, but had no internet because of my recent move. I finally have it today though. Frickin figures. πŸ™„
                Yeah, that was a good game! Good luck on getting the Oriental when it comes back out!

Syn
                Participant

I just got mine, and I must say I love her. Purple in just about any shade sells to me, and this color is beautiful. The backbone on mine is much less blue than in the Store picture; it is definitely not that bright blue, more of a deep blue/purple. Now I am hoping the Young will be the same. πŸ™‚ Sometimes the same color looks different on other pieces, but I put my Amethyst Curl (first batch) next to the Oriental, and they are exactly the same color. πŸ™‚

Copper83
                  Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Hi guys!

Just so you know, online cart systems work in a way that it doesn’t ‘remove’ an item for sale until it is paid for.

This is not a glitch!! Think about it this way.
                    I put item A into my cart, and get ready to check out, but never actually complete my transaction and pay for the item.
                    I then forget about the item, or decide I can’t afford it, or don’t want it, and browse away from the page.
                    Of course this item hasn’t actually been purchased– I didn’t pay for it. So the cart doesn’t mark it as ‘sold’ yet. That item is still for sale until someone pays for it. Even if it takes .3 seconds or 3 weeks, it goes to the person that pays, first. Sadly this can mean you don’t get an item in your cart if someone else is a bit faster in clicking that ‘complete transaction’ button.

This is why you can have an item in your cart, but it’s not YOURS till you pay for it. There is no way for them to ‘fix’ this– or they’d be holding onto items in people’s carts indefinitely if they didn’t actually pay for it. That’s not fair to anyone!

I know you are frustrated at not getting your Windstone, and I understand. πŸ™ But the cart system isn’t a glitch, please understand. ‘First paid first served’ is the only real way of having an online cart system set up.

I realize this isn’t a glich with the store, but there are stores that have a time limit for you to check out, during which your items are “safe”. I think Susie looked into this and found that the system they use can’t do that.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

copper83 wrote:

I realize this isn’t a glich with the store, but there are stores that have a time limit for you to check out, during which your items are “safe”. I think Susie looked into this and found that the system they use can’t do that.

Right, the Windstone cart system can’t do it. πŸ™‚ I know there are alternatives, I just wanted to provide a simple explanation. πŸ™‚

Syn
                      Participant

If there was a “safe” period, I think some people would just grab and hold these high-demand, low-quantity pieces while they think it over. Should I get one? Do I even want one? Can I make money if I buy it and resell? Is there something else I can add to my cart to save on shipping? I’ll just browse and see what I might want since I have that safe period. πŸ™ They would effectively be reserving it for themselves while taking it out of the available-for-sale pool. πŸ™ I looked at the Male a long time before deciding not to get him. Would it have been fair to add him to my cart and not allow someone else to get him while I dithered around? :negative: It is disappointing when we do not get a piece (I have missed the Fledgling twice); but it is certainly a high when we get one (I got the Oriental and Young.)

Kujacker
                        Participant

Syn; Yeah, but that “safe time” could be as little a 5 minutes. 5 minutes is more than enough time to check out fully.

Syn
                          Participant

Yes, five minutes really does sound fair. Then I think: What if I am tying up the last one? YOU try to get one seconds later, and they are gone. You drop off, I change my mind, and there is one available. YOU are gone, but someone else sees that one that is now available. That person gets the item, even though you were there first. There are pros and cons to every “Cart” system I have seen; they seem to work best in lower-traffic situations where the items are not flying out the door. These items are just too popular when they first come out. There are always going to be people who miss out initially, but hopefully they will get their item eventually. Hopefully I will get my Fledgling eventually!

Morrigan
                            Participant

Anyone got any pictures of the Oriental to share? ^_^ Whilst I’m waiting for mine I can look at someone else’s lol!

Adaneth
                              Participant

Kujacker wrote:

Syn; Yeah, but that “safe time” could be as little a 5 minutes. 5 minutes is more than enough time to check out fully.

I wish there were a five minute ‘safe time’ since sometimes it takes me a bit to remember my password! πŸ™„ 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.