fbpx

Opoponax Fledgling batch?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Opoponax Fledgling batch?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Starbreeze
    Participant

Hi Melody,

Is there any possibility of a batch of Fledglings in the Opoponax color scheme?

It’s so pretty! I’d love to see it on a bigger LP dragon. :love:

phantomess
      Participant

I’ve gotta say I hope more curlies will be made in this color, because I don’t think I can get one from the current batch. Car problems ‘n all. Otherwise I’d have pounced on one already. They’re beautiful!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I’m actually thinking of putting my old Opoponox for sale. I like the tan eyes on the new one and I’m sure a lot of other people may do the same so I don’t think you have lost your chance if this batch gets sold out.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

I was just talking about a fledgling in this color too! I would love to see this become an actual color, or at least a limited run. I want an OW too, I think one exists but there was only the one.

LOVE the straw eyes and topaz jewel, much nicer than the red in my opinion. Can’t wait for mine to get here! Also very excited for my Aquamarine curly to arrive!

Bullsquid
          Participant

I have always the loved black and tan coloration of dobermans, rotties, etc., so I was super happy to get one of the new opoponax curlies (I missed ver.1). The original raffle OW done in opoponax made me gasp out loud when I first saw him, so I would be thrilled with a LP run of opoponax on other dragon sculpts.

Melody
            Keymaster

I haven’t painted any other dragons in the Opoponax color because it seemed too similar to the “black gold” color.
              I do love it though… maybe if there are enough squeaks for it…
              We have so many colors that need doing!

phantomess
              Participant

I’m actually thinking of putting my old Opoponox for sale. I like the tan eyes on the new one and I’m sure a lot of other people may do the same so I don’t think you have lost your chance if this batch gets sold out.

Yeah, I’ll probably end up posting a Wanted ad when I’m ready to buy one. This batch seems to be going semi-quickly. What color were the eyes on the older ones? Was the globe the same color?

Kiya
                Participant

I haven’t painted any other dragons in the Opoponax color because it seemed too similar to the “black gold” color.

If you do fledgies, could you do some in both glossy and matte and with red and tan eyes? πŸ™‚ I really love the old style.

I don’t think these are anything like black gold! They are gorgeous in the simple contrast! More please!

Understood…but no, it’s not too close to black gold. When my opoponax arrives on Saturday, it will sit right next to my black gold. Call them fraternal twins. πŸ™‚

Love the new eyes. I’ll admit I would not have bought if they were red again.

Scathach
                  Participant

Squeak, squeak, sqqeeeeekkkkk!

A young would be fabulous.

Life is beautiful.

Cassandra
                    Participant

I have a feeling Fledglings would do very well in that color. I would buy one!
                      And I would sooo Love to see some Aquamarine on some pieces as I think those would compliment the lavender pearl dragons very well πŸ˜€ now I would definitely buy a few dragons in that color πŸ™‚

Squeak squeak! =^.^=

I have a feeling Fledglings would do very well in that color. I would buy one!
                      And I would sooo Love to see some Aquamarine on some pieces as I think those would compliment the lavender pearl dragons very well πŸ˜€ now I would definitely buy a few dragons in that color πŸ™‚

Squeak squeak! =^.^=

Yes yes and yes!

Double squeek for both the opoponax and aquamarines!

littleironhorse
                      Participant

I’ll squeak for Opoponax!

I don’t think it’s too close to Black-Gold, it’s certainly no closer than “Emeral-Peacock” is to “New Peacock”.

Besides as with the Peacock combo, I find that it’s nice to have complementary color schemes.

While they’re similar, I really think there’s more than enough difference here to justify a Opoponax color variant. Quick cell phone pic side by side:

Black Gold vs Opoponax

About the only thing I’d change to differentiate them further might be to use a metallic black on the new one. Still, I think as is, the coppery color alone sets him apart from the black gold. Love them both, especially together! (And I’m the kind of collector who typically buys everything different)

phantomess
                        Participant

I haven’t seen an opoponax in person, but it kind of looks to be somewhat orangy to me. Would any of you who have one say so?
                          I actually really like the idea of a black and orange. The color could be called Halloween. πŸ˜€ Maybe I should mention it in the squeak thread, ha. If I could get a black & orange dragon, I’d probably have to name it after a Giants player since I’m a fan of the San Francisco Giants and those are their colors. Hehe. Now I’m getting myself excited, and probably over nothing. LOL.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.