Open for suggestions

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Open for suggestions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

I have recently been working on repairing a severely damaged black male uni. He was pitted all over his body. His back legs were shattered (not busted but shattered!) He had no horn, the list goes on and on… Needless to say I had to strip him in order to resculpt his legs and fill in the pits (looked like his bum was peppered with buckshot). I have nearly completed him, but now I cant decide what color (or animal) to paint him! I am open to any good suggestions anyone might have, after all the work I have put into fixing this guy I really want him to have a spiffy paint job to go with it :bigsmile: So if anyone has any good ideas they want to share I would appreciate it!

(I know repaints are a somewhat touchy issue, but I had no choice this time. And I am not intending to resell him >.< ) HUGS

scenceable
      Participant

dapple grey?
        Or some crazy roan or rabicano would be neat too πŸ˜›

littleironhorse
        Participant

I’ve been thinking about this since yesterday, but there are so many possibilities!

I think you need to decide first if you want to do a natural horse color, a fantasy color, or another animal color.

Then people can make more focused suggestions…

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I have a decapitaed baby I have been puzzling over for a while now how to paint. I was going to go for trying to match on of my Grab Bags, but I can’t decide which one

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Misty
            Participant

I’ve been thinking about this since yesterday, but there are so many possibilities!

I think you need to decide first if you want to do a natural horse color, a fantasy color, or another animal color.

Then people can make more focused suggestions…

Well, I thought about painting him to match Damian (the fantasy young I have). But nothing has jumped up and bit me so to speak. I considered putting one of the antelope type patterns on him. I am leaning more towards something fantastical rather than something horselike, though if I found a neat enough natural horse… LOL this is why I can’t make up my mind, too many choices! I could always make my five year old happy and make a purple zebra πŸ˜‰

Riversgrace
              Participant

Purple zebra is always a good choice πŸ™‚ you could do a pattern similar to Jennifer Miller’s Zebra…I loved his striping pattern….

Or roan, I love strawberry or lilac roans!!!!

littleironhorse
                Participant

Making a 5-year-old happy seems like a grand idea to me! πŸ˜‰

If I were to do another animal pattern, I think I’d completely move away from the equine-type animals (I know that antelopes are not equines, but you know what I mean). Sort of like fatalbeauty (it was her right?) did with the wild african dogs.

Let me think some more…

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

Making a 5-year-old happy seems like a grand idea to me! πŸ˜‰

If I were to do another animal pattern, I think I’d completely move away from the equine-type animals (I know that antelopes are not equines, but you know what I mean). Sort of like fatalbeauty (it was her right?) did with the wild african dogs.

Let me think some more…

yep, that was me….

4 things I'm looking for:
                    1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                    3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                    4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

I have a decapitaed baby I have been puzzling over for a while now how to paint. I was going to go for trying to match on of my Grab Bags, but I can’t decide which one

Ooooooooh! Sounds like the little headless baby must be fixable, but I would be sooooo tempted to make him into a little seahorse. But don’t ask me LOL. Obviously my talent is limited to simple sculpey, feather boas, and a glue gun LOL!

I wish I was good at painting or drawing. I envision great things in my mind, but I can’t make my hands create it. Arrrrggghhhh.

Let us know what you end up doing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.