fbpx

Opal dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Opal dragons

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello Melody, first off love all the dragons colors that have been made so far but was wondering if there would ever be a opal colored one? I think they would be pretty and quick sellers.

Stormbreeze
    Participant

Opal dragons would be neat. Maybe white with iridescent rainbow paint? Or were you thinking fire opal?

🙂

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

I would love to see a line of opal dragons. I in-vision white dragons with a combination of magic sparkle paint and interference paint. Purple, blues and green specifically. I have an first version peacock hatching dragon and his shell has interference greens and blues on it. I suspect it could be over-spray? Maybe it was intentional too. The fact is you don’t see it unless it catches the light just right. It’s nice and subtle. I also think if the dragons were antiqued in very pale blues and/or pinks it would make them stand apart from the regular white dragons. Not sure this is what other people consider “opal”, but this is what I would like to see.

etruscan
        Participant

This gal is the “White Opal” test paint by Jordan as photographed in the ebay gallery:

rachelled
          Participant

This gal is the “White Opal” test paint by Jordan as photographed in the ebay gallery:

That’s really pretty! I feel like maybe a tiny touch of pink/purple would make it more “opal-y,” but this one looks hard to photograph, so for all I know there already is. :p

Prezaurian
            Participant

I think I would prefer fire opal. Though I imagine any opal coloration would be tricky to pull off…. Wait, Madagascar green opal wouldn’t be hard to do. But it’s not a particularly um, pretty stone. Just looking at it you wonder why it’s called opal at all. ^_^;

Kim
              Blocked

I love white opals but also blue and black ones. I have a feeling they would be hard to do as a production colour though.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Landipan
                Participant

That’s a gorgeous dragon, I wouldn’t mind having one in that color!

*Formerly meowmix101
                  Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.